How to import from GearBest and more

Peppercorns

I had ordered a OnePlus 6t from GearBest on the 25th December 2018. (At that time the GearBest Website stated that I can expect the product to ship on 3rd - 6th January 2019.)

Those dates came and went, so I logged a support ticket and was informed the new expected shipping date was 21 January due to supply issues ongoing since Black Friday.

After another follow up, the date has been moved again to mid-February.

Who knows how many times this will happen...
I have now requested a full refund of my order.

Within 1 day I received an email from Paypal that the refund had been processed via paypal and that I can expect my credit card to be refunded in 2 working days.

This was my first and last attempted purchase with Gearbest.

I will be ordering my OnePlus 6t using Souq. My wife is travelling to Dubai soon, so I will have it delivered to her hotel.

Swaghetti

Mine says its shipping with ARAMEX, wonder how long that will take.. anyways, will track
Been a while since i've checked this thread.

Looks like Aramex has hit the shitter in regards to pricing. I guess I was one of the last to pay for a "Media Player" lol. To think I was almost going to wait until December!

Phone is still doing great btw, running MIUI 10.2.1 Android P. Also downloaded a Gcam mod so the pictures are incredible!

TheTwo

Expert Member
Been a while since i've checked this thread.

Looks like Aramex has hit the shitter in regards to pricing. I guess I was one of the last to pay for a "Media Player" lol. To think I was almost going to wait until December!

Phone is still doing great btw, running MIUI 10.2.1 Android P. Also downloaded a Gcam mod so the pictures are incredible!
Including low light pics? And to run gcam, did you have to root it and install a custom rom?

Rohela

I had ordered a OnePlus 6t from GearBest on the 25th December 2018. (At that time the GearBest Website stated that I can expect the product to ship on 3rd - 6th January 2019.)

Those dates came and went, so I logged a support ticket and was informed the new expected shipping date was 21 January due to supply issues ongoing since Black Friday.

After another follow up, the date has been moved again to mid-February.

Who knows how many times this will happen...
I have now requested a full refund of my order.

Within 1 day I received an email from Paypal that the refund had been processed via paypal and that I can expect my credit card to be refunded in 2 working days.

This was my first and last attempted purchase with Gearbest.

I will be ordering my OnePlus 6t using Souq. My wife is travelling to Dubai soon, so I will have it delivered to her hotel.
Bro I was waiting from the 3rd of December and get told next week every week so I cancelled my order and ordered directly from OnePlus USA. Gearbest is hopeless they will keep telling you to wait and it will never come.

Swaghetti

Including low light pics? And to run gcam, did you have to root it and install a custom rom?
Yes, Night Sight and everything works perfectly, will try and upload samples. No I just downloaded the APK from xda-developers, just have to be running Pie to work properly iirc.

I'm using the Mi Mix 2s by the way. I wanted something more premium feel then the Poco and also i hate notches.

Rohela

OnePlus sent me a email with dispatch info and my order was shipped today to AGS New York and will be received by Thursday.

Swaghetti

Here's some comparisons I put together.

All images, apart from when using Night Modes, are taken with HDR on. You can see for yourself the different color reproduction and dynamic range compared to stock camera.

Google Night Sight is especially impressive. I tried to push what it could do, so the last images were taken at midnight. Only one light was on in the house, down the passage.

I highly recommend finding a Gcam port for your phones. Google know their stuff!

Attachments

TheTwo

Expert Member
Here's some comparisons I put together.

All images, apart from when using Night Modes, are taken with HDR on. You can see for yourself the different color reproduction and dynamic range compared to stock camera.

Google Night Sight is especially impressive. I tried to push what it could do, so the last images were taken at midnight. Only one light was on in the house, down the passage.

I highly recommend finding a Gcam port for your phones. Google know their stuff!
Brilliant and a beeeg difference when using Google night sight. I wonder how it would compare to a Samsung flagship

Swaghetti

Brilliant and a beeeg difference when using Google night sight. I wonder how it would compare to a Samsung flagship
Lol no matter the difference, I doubt it would be worth paying more than the R6400 I paid for this phone.

RVR

Expert Member
I paid for priority shipping (South Africa Express). Will that be aramex?

RVR

Expert Member
Sorry I edited my post. What warehouse was this from ?
I'm thinking buffalo too, are they doing good? And which courier they use?

I've only used DHL and aramex before.

China warehouse

Dan C

Honorary Master
I'm thinking buffalo too, are they doing good? And which courier they use?

I've only used DHL and aramex before.

China warehouse
China uses Buffalo express. Once it lands in SA the last mile courier is normally Fastway. Never had problems with them.