How to import from GearBest and more

cavedog

Honorary Master
Got an item I bought from banggood.

"Sorry this id number has been used thrice this year"

I don't have an import code. Should have done this when I was at SARS :rolleyes:

FlashSA

Executive Member

I don't have an import code. Should have done this when I was at SARS :rolleyes:
Time to start using family members' id numbers.

I order on my wife and kids and leave my id nr for last resort

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ohh by the way. Work colleague bought 2 tshirts and 2 shorts. Delivered on Thursday. He used the tax free option which was $5.

Don't know how banggood does it but is textiles not supposed to be super taxed?

airborne

Executive Member
Ohh by the way. Work colleague bought 2 tshirts and 2 shorts. Delivered on Thursday. He used the tax free option which was $5.

Clothing should be 45% duty + vat

Bundu

Expert Member

yes clothing are highly taxed
I've got 5 BG tax free option parcels that should be delivered on Monday - paid over R500 duties and lodged a claim with BG, but they're giving me the runaround - they want receipts from Buffalo, which I've now requested, but not sure if they'll provide - pissing me off a bit now

cavedog

Honorary Master
yes clothing are highly taxed
I've got 5 BG tax free option parcels that should be delivered on Monday - paid over R500 duties and lodged a claim with BG, but they're giving me the runaround - they want receipts from Buffalo, which I've now requested, but not sure if they'll provide - pissing me off a bit now
Did you use the tax free option or just direct mail option?

Bundu

Expert Member
Did you use the tax free option or just direct mail option?
I used and paid extra for the tax free option - cost me an extra ~$14 and now they owe me ~$31.... let's see how it works out...
With my 2 previous parcels they refunded me

evilskaap

Expert Member

Was it declared as textiles?

ld13

Honorary Master
I think this applies in all these cases: Ask no questions and hear no lies...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Buffaloex is building up a backlog.... The drivers can't keep up trying to deliver minimum of 100 parcels a day per driver in the Pretoria and JHB so expect some delays. My parcel has been returned to the warehouse 2 times. "Delivery schedule not completed"

So I called them and they say they are trying to catch up but there are a lot of parcels I just need to be patient.

Bundu

Expert Member
thanks for that feedback!

I've noticed 3 of my parcels have been showing "Inbound Manifest to hub" for about 5-7 days now - they were normally delivered the next day

cavedog

Honorary Master
thanks for that feedback!

I've noticed 3 of my parcels have been showing "Inbound Manifest to hub" for about 5-7 days now - they were normally delivered the next day
Make that 3 times.... My package just updated.

"Returned! Delivery schedule not completed"

Every morning it shows

"Trying delivery again. Out for delivery by Mpho Phiri"

:rolleyes: Better service to outlaying areas as they outsource that to Fastway couriers who deliver next day

Bundu

Expert Member
fnuck! I hope they don't takes ages to deliver my 5 in total parcels........ some items are quite urgent..... at least it will still be faster than SAPO...... I hope

cavedog

Honorary Master
fnuck! I hope they don't takes ages to deliver my 5 in total parcels........ some items are quite urgent..... at least it will still be faster than SAPO...... I hope
Yeah the issue is buffalo is doing the delivery themselves in PTA,JHB and surrounds. So obviously that is where the most parcels probably gets delivered too. Guessing there is just a massive increase in buffaloex parcels. :(

RVR

Expert Member

What happened? Were you fined or anything..

cavedog

Honorary Master
What happened? Were you fined or anything..
No I used my birth certificate number. Same as my id number except for the last 2 numbers. The parcel has cleared customs and is at the hub.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just got my parcel delivered now.

evilskaap

Expert Member
No I used my birth certificate number. Same as my id number except for the last 2 numbers. The parcel has cleared customs and is at the hub.
Sneaky, I wish I remembered mine, I havent seen my certificate since highschool when I applied for a green ID.

Bundu

Expert Member
Just got my parcel delivered now.
great, I also got 3 of my 5 parcels delivered this morning - Tom from Buffalo, nice guy, but he's got a crappy job - bakkie with boxes in the back, with about 100 parcels - a bit of a struggle to find the right one....
The other 2 parcels will hopefully be delivered tomorrow and I hope BG agree to refund my duties