How to import from GearBest and more

NickPuff

Hi

I purchased the Asus ROG phone from Gearbest on 19 Feb and it arrived today. maybe it depends if the item is available on-hand or the Depot location.

Thank you for the post and I hope you love the phone. I ordered on the 11th and have yet to even receive confirmation of my payment. What method of payment did you use?

ld13

Honorary Master
Thank you for the post and I hope you love the phone. I ordered on the 11th and have yet to even receive confirmation of my payment.
You paid with Wire - so unfortunately no surprises there. Everyone I know that does wire transfers only do them for amounts nearing like R100K+.

MRincognito

Hi NickPuff

i havent had the time to actually play around with it as yet. i have used paypal in order to protect my purchase.

my device got shipped from the Hong Kong Depot. which model did you purchase?
Thank you for the post and I hope you love the phone. I ordered on the 11th and have yet to even receive confirmation of my payment. What method of payment did you use?

Tman*

Expert Member
quick question for gearbest, will the "priority line" shipping below be via SAPO, or courier?

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 15.53.34.png

ld13

Honorary Master
UPDATE
Just received a mail confirming payment and they are proceeding with my order. Definitely a huge weight off my shoulders.
That is great news! I suspect that Wire transfer takes quite a while to be processed since it is a manual process... it is highly advisable to not use it again and rather find a way to use PayPal. If you can do a wire transfer you should be able to use PayPal.

excellent, thank you, I was a bit confused as I have not seen the DHL option before
Shipping options depend on the item in question, the moon cycle and from what warehouse the item is shipping from.

Flipside

Has anyone received their stuff from Paxi? My tracking has been sitting on "Parcel arrived at pkl Cape Town hub" for the last 2 weeks!

ld13

Honorary Master
Has anyone received their stuff from Paxi? My tracking has been sitting on "Parcel arrived at pkl Cape Town hub" for the last 2 weeks!
Welcome to iAfriqua. From China to JHB in 3 days. From JHB to your door in 3 weeks (if you are lucky).

But in all seriousness, PAXI does take a while. Might be advisable to give them a buzz though? I do not have personal experience with PAXI butit might have arrived and someone forgot to send the sms or something? So rather phone them up and find out what is up.

enriq

Can anyone give me the breakdown on DHL's fees and what customs will charge. Looking at buying the Xiaomi Note 8 pro and is this a good phone in terms of camera quality.

RVR

Expert Member
I haven't bought something in a while and im itching to get something good. Any cool suggestions for $30 preferebly banggood but I'm sure gearbest will stock the same thing

pboy

Expert Member
Can anyone give me the breakdown on DHL's fees and what customs will charge. Looking at buying the Xiaomi Note 8 pro and is this a good phone in terms of camera quality.

dhl is super quick, from order to phone in my hands friday midday to sunday 3pm.2days + a few hour.
BUT : fees are stiff. I think i paid about R550....R375 of it customs and vat etc. the rest dhl fees.
the acutal shipping cost was another R400 i think. so R900 for dhl express shipping option AND all customs and fees.

this was about a month ago- slap bang in the middle of the new year/corona long leave time.

pboy

Expert Member
I haven't bought something in a while and im itching to get something good. Any cool suggestions for $30 preferebly banggood but I'm sure gearbest will stock the same thing
$30 ahh the sweet spot! no customs!
i got a mecool km9 pro android tv (certified) tv box last week. pretty neat smart tv experience. i have a sammy smart tv and chromecast and still this android tv experience is quiet something!

RVR

Expert Member
$30 ahh the sweet spot! no customs!
i got a mecool km9 pro android tv (certified) tv box last week. pretty neat smart tv experience. i have a sammy smart tv and chromecast and still this android tv experience is quiet something!
That's exactly why I stay around $30 just incase haha

I do actually need a new android box, I have the x96 currently.

recre8

Now all I get from Banggood is the following email on all my recent orders:

"We regret to inform you that the item can't be shipped with the shipping method you chose due to some specific restrictions of the logistics carrier" when choosing the South Africa Direct Mail (Tax-Free) option, which ships with Buffalo Couriers.

Why is this happening all of a sudden? Never had issues like this in the past.......Coronavirus, maybe? Doubt it!
I also received that after making a rather expensive order (3d printer and resin filters) from banggood. I immediately request the order to be cancelled on the live chat system as airmail to SA is not really a viable shipping option. Lo and behold, the 3d printer gets assigned a tracking number as soon as I request the cancellation and is now in a "shipped" state.

Customer care keeps repeating the line that a shipped order cannot be cancelled and that I must wait and return it at my cost or "gift it to a loved one".
Despite asking them to call the logistics company to cancel the shipping, since it hasn't been collected yet, they refuse, so I had no choice but to call the logistics company myself and ask them to not collect or return if they had done so already.
Sadly, I had to also initiate a chargeback with the bank on my credit card, since there is no other way Banggood will allow me to cancel the order without losing money. Chargeback most likely means I will be banned from using Banggood again.

skimread

Executive Member

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
3 weeks now and my items still haven't been shipped from GB.

No response either.

Anyone else?