How to import from GearBest and more

Bundu

Expert Member
I ordered 5 unrelated items from Banggood on 10 June, for delivery via Buffalo. All 5 items were delivered in good condition today, just after 5pm.

I have shopped using Banggood and Buffalo a number of times in the last 18 months and I have always been satisfied with their service. The tax free portion get Buffalo is great. Also, combining various items into 1 package trends to make shipping and tax dirt cheap.
same here

Alkern

I ordered 5 unrelated items from Banggood on 10 June, for delivery via Buffalo. All 5 items were delivered in good condition today, just after 5pm.

I have shopped using Banggood and Buffalo a number of times in the last 18 months and I have always been satisfied with their service. The tax free portion get Buffalo is great. Also, combining various items into 1 package trends to make shipping and tax dirt cheap.
Hay deesef how do you get them to combine?

deesef

Expert Member
Hay deesef how do you get them to combine?
Just place one order with the items that you want. Sometimes they will split the order into 2 shipments, depending on the warehouse that it is shipped from or if the package is physically too big.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Just got confirmation that banggood combined the tax free and tariff insurance orders my wife placed.

Both to be collected at PEP. Still no refund for the tariff insurance option after sending them the proof 4x, so pretty much a scam so far.

They also offered 200 banggood points as an apology for the one product not working as advertised, ignoring the PayPal claim.. so leaving that open.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Just had another order delivered last week in 18 days odd from initial order and no customs issues.

Previously claimed customs that was charged and for refunded without much hassle.

Did have one issue where the product wasn’t as described and took a bit of effort to explain in Engrish and with a video in the end but wasn’t unreasonable all things considered.

What I have noticed is when ordering from the App instead of the website I’ll be put onto a different more expensive shipping method, so keep an eye on that.

ld13

Honorary Master
View attachment 869251

What's the difference? I'm new to buying from Banggood
The bottom one tends to cause less hassles and is the one I always use, since they claim to cover the customs/tax amount, and out of the small handful of orders I've done in the past few years, they have all landed in my hands without any tax issues.

Should you chose this option and the local agent requires a tax payment from you, you could in theory claim this amount back from banggood - I have never had to do this, but it seems that some members on here have had some struggles claiming back that amount. Your mileage may vary.

deesef

Expert Member
View attachment 869251

What's the difference? I'm new to buying from Banggood
What @Id13 said. The tax-free option has always been hassle-free for me. This option also seems not to impact on the 3 imports per year limit that SARS imposes before registration is required.

It's just a pity that cellphones are not generally available via this shipping option.

Jake45

Expert Member
@Dade Murphy: Personally I would just register an account on Aliexpress and use your free coupon to purchase the tips and see if the product arrives. You might have to purchase several lots to reach the $2 or $3 coupon threshold. I think you will have to pay a R50 clearance fee to the Post Office when it arrives. Aliexpress is also running a Couponpals promotion where you can win a small discount on your order every 12 hours. Just click on the game in the app. The screenshot shows a few of the coupons that I have won over the last few days.

Another option would be to consider purchasing an additional product from Banggood and try to combine the South Africa Direct shipping to see if that makes it worthwhile. Can somebody explain how this works? How can you calculate the combined shipping cost of the two products shown below? For some reason the South Africa Direct shipping option is now no longer available to me for the earbud tips although I think it was yesterday?

Attachments

Last edited:

Bundu

Expert Member
@Dade Murphy: Personally I would just register an account on Aliexpress and use your free coupon to purchase the tips and see if the product arrives. You might have to purchase several lots to reach the $2 or $3 coupon threshold. I think you will have to pay a R50 clearance fee to the Post Office when it arrives. Aliexpress is also running a Couponpals promotion where you can win a small discount on your order every 12 hours. Just click on the game in the app. The screenshot shows a few of the coupons that I have won over the last few days.

Another option would be to consider purchasing an additional product from Banggood and try to combine the South Africa Direct shipping to see if that makes it worthwhile. Can somebody explain how this works? How can you calculate the combined shipping cost of the two products shown below? For some reason the South Africa Direct shipping option is now no longer available to me for the earbud tips although I think it was yesterday?

Attachments

callen

Hi guys. I want to get the following printer from banggood. What would be my estimated customs charge?
Has anyone successfully claimed from the tarrif insurance? 20200704_185810.jpg

Bundu

Expert Member
the tariff insurance remains a hit and miss situation - on my last order, 3 parcels, I paid just under $2 tariff insurance, was charged just under R200 customs by Buffalo and Banggood refunded me the whole R200 - on previous orders, they only partially refunded me - remains a mystery

giloo777

the tariff insurance remains a hit and miss situation - on my last order, 3 parcels, I paid just under $2 tariff insurance, was charged just under R200 customs by Buffalo and Banggood refunded me the whole R200 - on previous orders, they only partially refunded me - remains a mystery
Hi what exactly do you send banggood when they ask you for proof? I usually pay via credit card. Do Buffalo send a receipt?