How to import from GearBest and more

xrapidx

Honorary Master

She tried with the one item - Paypal insist you return the item - which is fine, but they can't guarantee they'll refund the cost of sending it back - and it costs the same as the item to return (R600).

Paypal actually told her to wait while they escalate the issue - and closed the dispute in favour of banggood with no communication saying we didn't send it back in time - and thats after they told us to wait for the escalation.

To be honest, Paypal have gone to **** as well - I had a claim denied for an undelivered item off eBay earlier this year. Seller provided a tracking number, it said "In Transit" - six months later, its still "In Transit"

Concentric

She tried with the one item - Paypal insist you return the item - which is fine, but they can't guarantee they'll refund the cost of sending it back - and it costs the same as the item to return (R600).

Paypal actually told her to wait while they escalate the issue - and closed the dispute in favour of banggood with no communication saying we didn't send it back in time - and thats after they told us to wait for the escalation.

To be honest, Paypal have gone to **** as well - I had a claim denied for an undelivered item off eBay earlier this year. Seller provided a tracking number, it said "In Transit" - six months later, its still "In Transit"
That sucks :(

Ive had 3 orders with banggood and they have all been ok.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
That sucks :(

Ive had 3 orders with banggood and they have all been ok.

She had about a years worth of orders without issue - the problem is only when there is an issue. They obviously struggle with the transalation of English - and react in a braindead manner.

She literally got another message last night to explain what is wrong with the item. Apparently they can't comprehend "Only one headphone/earpiece works at a time" - they also can't see it in the video. I wouldn't be surprised if they're using bots to respond, hence the same response each time.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Does anyone know if Banggood via Buffalo are back up to speed?
I need to order some items off Banggood but cant wait more than a month for them. Before lockdown it used to take around 2 weeks for me.

wtg

Does anyone know if Banggood via Buffalo are back up to speed?
I need to order some items off Banggood but cant wait more than a month for them. Before lockdown it used to take around 2 weeks for me.
Yes. I ordered from banggood with buffalo. Got the order this week to my door. Took under two weeks

Dill

Does anyone know whats the "tariff insurance" option on banggood? The tariff insurance is $0.52 and the difference between the South Africa Direct Mail and South Africa Direct Mail(Tax free) is $3.00

Recommended to take the SA direct mail with the tariff option?

Bundu

Expert Member
Does anyone know whats the "tariff insurance" option on banggood? The tariff insurance is $0.52 and the difference between the South Africa Direct Mail and South Africa Direct Mail(Tax free) is $3.00

Recommended to take the SA direct mail with the tariff option?
I've just had a look and agree, I don't understand the difference between
"South Africa Direct Mail" with "tariff insurance"
and
"South Africa Direct Mail(Tax free)"

The 2nd one is obviously more expensive, but why?

I've taken the "tariff insurance" option for my last few orders and have always been refunded all the duties that I paid to Buffalo, which I admit, seemed too good to be true

FlashSA

Executive Member
I've just had a look and agree, I don't understand the difference between
"South Africa Direct Mail" with "tariff insurance"
and
"South Africa Direct Mail(Tax free)"

The 2nd one is obviously more expensive, but why?

I've taken the "tariff insurance" option for my last few orders and have always been refunded all the duties that I paid to Buffalo, which I admit, seemed too good to be true
Tax free means no taxes charged so no need to claim back from Banggood. Cleaner and much preferred.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Just ordered a tablet from Gearbest. Let's hope it gets here this year still.

Nimz

Executive Member
Placed an order on the 15th of July 2020 - Items were delivered today 27-07-2020

Tax free shipping selected (Buffalo)

Really impressed by the service - Expected a longer wait time

kolaval

Executive Member
Cannot find a phone on heartbeat that actually ships to SA, dit something happen?

scotty_88

Placed an order on the 15th of July 2020 - Items were delivered today 27-07-2020

Tax free shipping selected (Buffalo)

Really impressed by the service - Expected a longer wait time
Had a similar experience and tax free seems to be the way to go in order to avoid customs delays and further admin if customs are due on arrival.

msmoorad

I ordered a phone cover from Gearbest about a month ago. It' shows that it hasn't been shipped out yet. I don't want to pay for faster shipping bcos that will push the price too high. Any idea how long I will have to wait?

scotty_88

I ordered a phone cover from Gearbest about a month ago. It' shows that it hasn't been shipped out yet. I don't want to pay for faster shipping bcos that will push the price too high. Any idea how long I will have to wait?
I would get in contact with gearbest. It may be on backorder or something-but its not typical. Did they provide tracking number too?