How to import from GearBest and more

Jake45

Expert Member
Has anyone here bought from the 2rtrade store on aliexpress before?
I was thinking of getting the oneplus 9 from aliexpress and they seem to be the cheapest.
There is a big Summer Sale coming up on Aliexpress on June 21. You should be able to save quite a bit if you wait until then. Usually Aliexpress give out Promo Codes to use during the sale on big ticket items. The Official OnePlus Store may also have special deals on that phone.

If you keep an eye on the OnePlus Official Store site, feed and social media accounts you might be able to get a $40 or better discount. You could also contact them and ask them whether they will be having any promotions during the Summer Sale. You can see some of the 40 Euro Promo Codes (5SAVINGSES40) but these are currently only available to Spanish and French customers but there should be other codes released on 21 June for other international customers. The Promo Codes should work on any site as long as the product meets the minimum spend amount. Most of the sellers also offer discount coupons for large purchases.
OneShot_20210613_002139.png

Last edited:

Jake45

Expert Member
Right now it's $567.99+$38.53 with dhl but at the time of posting it was $515.25+$58.27 hence i was asking if anyone has used them since it was quite abit cheaper than the other stores
I usually use one of the Aliexpress price trackers to decide whether the price is good or not.

Unfortunately I don't get any pricing history for the link that you posted above. You might be able to find some decent discount coupons if you check the OnePlus Official Store Feed etc. They may also advertise giveaways and promotions for the sale period.

You can stack Store Coupons together with Aliexpress Coupons or Promo Codes. If you haven't already purchased the phone and are still considering doing so, you must add the coupons to your account as soon as they become available as the large ones are in very limited supply and are snapped up very quickly well before the sale begins.

RVR

Expert Member
Any idea if the shipping method (SunYou) is like a courier or does the items still go to SAPO?

enerdude

Expert Member
Ordered 4x seagate 3.5" externals from Amazon.com late last tuesday and the order got split into 2 orders of 2 units. Used standard shipping and it shipped via Aramex. Seem to remember buying a laptop in May also on standard shipping but it shipped via DHL.

Any case the first part of the order was on the Saturday flight out of the US and my second part only today. So I'm assuming Aramex only ships twice a week to SA via air (Wed and Sat), so depending on when you buy you can get it quicker or later.

Soprono

Expert Member
Ordered 4x seagate 3.5" externals from Amazon.com late last tuesday and the order got split into 2 orders of 2 units. Used standard shipping and it shipped via Aramex. Seem to remember buying a laptop in May also on standard shipping but it shipped via DHL.

Any case the first part of the order was on the Saturday flight out of the US and my second part only today. So I'm assuming Aramex only ships twice a week to SA via air (Wed and Sat), so depending on when you buy you can get it quicker or later.
Yeah, Aramex usually stuffs up locally more than internationally.

I'd still prefer the DHL premium over using Aramex global. They have in many cases been useless.

That being said, I managed a record with DHL, 4 days from shipping to delivery from Amazon USA, was super impressed.

enerdude

Expert Member
That being said, I managed a record with DHL, 4 days from shipping to delivery from Amazon USA, was super impressed.
My options was AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping or AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping, I assume I should have chosen priority to get shipping via DHL although I seem to remember choosing standard before when I ordered a laptop and it was shipped via DHL.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
My order came from Amazon earlier this month with Amarex, not really a fan, but everything was fine and it arrived well before the due date. (also split into 2 - bit annoying as I think that counts against you with the 3-items per year thing)

enerdude

Expert Member
My order came from Amazon earlier this month with Amarex, not really a fan, but everything was fine and it arrived well before the due date. (also split into 2 - bit annoying as I think that counts against you with the 3-items per year thing)
Mine was due 2 days ago and still sitting in customs. Had better luck in the past though.

technofool

I used to enjoy the Post Office method because I could check the import duties before I paid them. I brought in air rifle parts 0% and SARS decided they were tractor steering parts 15%. Took me a while but I didn't have too pay in the end.
A year later I got a new cellphone and it came with Buffalo or Aramex ?? but they gave me no chance to pay the tax myself. They just said, "Pay this much or we keep the phone." Wasn't a fan of those guys.
I don't really care if it takes 1 week or 6 weeks as long as some bandit courier doesn't hold my package hostage and slap on whatever "admin charges" they like.

Which of the couriers still slap on their own 'delivery' charge that catches you by surprise after you pay for courier delivery at checkout time?
I really think the vendor should pay the courier seeing as they contract them and then I know what I'm paying at checkout time.

Last edited:

enerdude

Expert Member

feo

Honorary Master
Bump

Need to get something from Banggood.

Shipping option shows as:
"Shipping: R100.11
to South Africa via South Africa Direct Mail (Tax Free)"

I've used them once before a long time ago and it was shipped via Buffalo or something. It was really quick and cheap.

Is the above the same shipping?