How to import from GearBest and more

Bundu

Expert Member
I'm still getting a parcel from Banggood every 2nd week, but it looks like many items are out of stock and their expected arrival dates mean zilch - I've had many orders that I've had to wait for shipping for that reason - I now only place an order if the item indicates in stock/24hrs shipping - to their credit, it is quite easy to replace an item with another item from the same warehouse

Reactions: Yuu

feo

Honorary Master
How on earth do you get to talk to someone at Buffalo? They don't respond to Whatsapp and email, and there number just never gets through to an actual human.

Ares1000101

I know its been mentioend before, the preferred shipping method for Banggood, but I dont have time to go through the thread again.

For the stuff I might buy, I have the following options:
  • South Africa direct mail
  • South Africa direct mail (tax free)
  • Express shipping
Are any of these fine to use? Order will be worth about R5k.
Also, Banggood doesnt include customs and taxes like Amazon, correct?

hellfire

Honorary Master
I know its been mentioend before, the preferred shipping method for Banggood, but I dont have time to go through the thread again.

For the stuff I might buy, I have the following options:
  • South Africa direct mail
  • South Africa direct mail (tax free)
  • Express shipping
Are any of these fine to use? Order will be worth about R5k.
Also, Banggood doesnt include customs and taxes like Amazon, correct?
Tax free includes customs and taxes

Conack

Expert Member
Thanks, had that feeling. Have you used that particular service? Does it go through SAPO?
That went through SAPO last time I ordered (2 years ago) - hopefully someone else has more recent info, but I suspect it'll still be, which is a cockup ofcourse.

sammi01

That went through SAPO last time I ordered (2 years ago) - hopefully someone else has more recent info, but I suspect it'll still be, which is a cockup ofcourse.

Orderes from Banggood late last year & early this year. Was delivered by Buffalo couriers (SA Direct). No issues.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Thanks, had that feeling. Have you used that particular service? Does it go through SAPO?

Orderes from Banggood late last year & early this year. Was delivered by Buffalo couriers (SA Direct). No issues.
I've ordered 5 or 6 times over the last couple years.
It's been fulfilled by Buffalo

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Dealing with these idiots behind banggood is always a nightmare. Ordered a WiFi light strip.... got a Bluetooth light strip.... they repeatedly ask for a video to proof it doesn't have wifi. How the actual ****.

"Look - no wifi airwaves"

ld13

Honorary Master
Dealing with these idiots behind banggood is always a nightmare. Ordered a WiFi light strip.... got a Bluetooth light strip.... they repeatedly ask for a video to proof

There is no place for common sense in their script. You will have to play along. Load the app(?), and show them that it does not connect to wifi? Aka, "it is broken", and not "you sent the wrong item".

xrapidx

Honorary Master
There is no place for common sense in their script. You will have to play along. Load the app(?), and show them that it does not connect to wifi? Aka, "it is broken", and not "you sent the wrong item".
I've just done that - uploaded a video and asked them to show me the wifi

I mean, I uploaded a picture of the damn box and manual that shows connection "Bluetooth" - and a screenshot of the site showing "Wifi/Alexa".

Apparently they need to see a video.

ld13

Honorary Master
Apparently they need to see a video.

Yep, in my experience with all of them, its video or nothing. And even then you struggle. They wanted me to show them a battery bulge on a tablet, not something a 20MB video can pick up. I just left it in the end.

bar1

Expert Member
Did anyone here use giztop before?
I am thinking of getting the REALME gt 2 pro from them

FlashSA

Executive Member
Did anyone here use giztop before?
I am thinking of getting the REALME gt 2 pro from them
I just ordered a Redmi Note 11 Pro from them. Chose Express Shipping and added insurance for $5.99 just in case (also used PayPal to pay). Let's see how it goes....

FlashSA

Executive Member
What is the difference between Chinese version and Global version phones?
Chinese versions are normally cheaper than Global. Chinese versions have a lot of bloatware - most of which can be uninstalled. Chinese versions do not have Google Services and Google Play by default as those are blocked inside mainland China.

I just ordered a Chinese version because I want the MIUI dialler with the fully baked in auto call recording like I currently have on my Mi 9T, which was the last Global phone to be released before Xiaomi switched to the Google Dialler with manual call recording which you have to activate with each call.

Interestingly, the Redmi Note 11 Pro which I just ordered has Google Services pre-installed underneath and hidden. From tutorials I watched, you just need to update it and then the Play Store app and full Google Services come alive on the phone. Keen to play when my phone arrives in the next couple of weeks.