bar1

Expert Member
Put the tracking nr on 17track or similar and you will find the carrier

a few came up....but DHL was showing some results...the date seems right but :
DUBAI - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, Shipment information received

anyways lets see

bar1

Expert Member
Ok new express shipping from banggood is DHL.
The name express is also very misleading, because it is SLOWER then bufallo, plus i had to pay R197 taxes and R200 to DHL (excluding $13 delivery fee).

hellfire

Honorary Master
The name express is also very misleading, because it is SLOWER then bufallo, plus i had to pay R197 taxes and R200 to DHL (excluding $13 delivery fee).
so what was the $13 for if you still had to pay DHL?

bar1

Expert Member
My guess is $13 is the courier fees, the the other monies are import duties and VAT. ( ? )
yes, i guess everything is normal but i hate the R200 "Disbursement" fee from DHL and i am used to the $10-$20 tax free shipping with buffalo

Gnome

Executive Member
Ah ok, so "express" is not the same as the "tax free" option (ie. prepaid tax).
I had a recent case where I had express but wasn't charged anything, so I assumed it was safe.
I absolutely avoid stores that require me to pay that insane R200-R400 fee (depending on courier) just so they can charge you R20+ tax on top of the delivery fee you already paid.

That said I really avoid banggood these days.
Half the time something is out of stock when it said in stock when I order.
Not to mention that Buffalo using Pep is just an absolute ball ache for me (I need to drive into Cape Town CBD because that is the only Pep around for km's in Cape Town)

bar1

Expert Member
Ah ok, so "express" is not the same as the "tax free" option (ie. prepaid tax).
I had a recent case where I had express but wasn't charged anything.

That said I really avoid banggood these days.
Half the time something is out of stock when it said in stock when I order.
Not to mention that Buffalo using Pep is just an absolute ball ache for me (I need to drive into Cape Town CBD because that is the only Pep around for km's in Cape Town)
expect to pay and a lot with DHL express!

I am still happy with bangood, they still ship to my house but even if i have to go to PEP it wont be a deal breaker for me.

planning my next order already :cool:

bar1

Expert Member

I am still happy with bangood, they still ship to my house but even if i have to go to PEP it wont be a deal breaker for me.

planning my next order already :cool:
Remember as i mentioned, the express changed in the last few weeks, it use to be buffalo, can't remember now if it was tax free or not.

Gnome

Executive Member
All the couriers charge that fee if they need you to pay customs fees.
Fedex charges R150, DHL R200 as you say and my GF recently received something that was Aramex and that was R400.

Fedex in their defence has waived this fee for me a few times in the past, but not so much lately.

A store that pre-pays the taxes however you don't pay any of these silly fees.

bar1

Expert Member
All the couriers charge that fee if they need you to pay customs fees.
Fedex charges R150, DHL R200 as you say and my GF recently received something that was Aramex and that was R400.

Fedex in their defence has waived this fee for me a few times in the past, but not so much lately.

A store that pre-pays the taxes however you don't pay any of these silly fees.
Aramex changed me R50....
but yeah nothing beats buffalo tax free.