How to import from GearBest and more

Madaboutbullterriers

Post tracking info....
Did you pre-clear?

Not pre-cleared I asked but they said it was only for high value items? This is a MI box bought for $50

Date Location Activity

25 Nov 2018 09:04 AM

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa

Cleared from Customs

25 Nov 2018 02:39 AM

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Departed Operations facility – In Transit

24 Nov 2018 03:23 PM

Dubai Express Hub, United Arab Emirates

Under processing at operations facility

22 Nov 2018 11:09 AM

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Departed Operations facility – In Transit

20 Nov 2018 09:43 PM

Aramex - Hong Kong Warehouse, Hong Kong

Received at Origin Facility

17 Nov 2018 03:32 PM

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Record created.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
25 Nov 2018 09:04 AM JOHANNESBURG, South Africa Cleared from Customs
25 Nov 2018 02:39 AM Dubai, United Arab Emirates Departed Operations facility – In Transit

If you ask me that cleared means SA Customs information/Paper work send to customs completed. Don't think your package booked into SA yet.

TheTwo

Expert Member
Hi, Could you please tell me what the difference is between normal and expedited delivery on garbed and which is better? Expedited is more expensive but will that give me full tracking of my item? Also how would I know what import duties would be due? Considering the pocophone I saw on there for $369 and now comparing with the Honor 8x also :)

Dan C

Honorary Master
Hi, Could you please tell me what the difference is between normal and expedited delivery on garbed and which is better? Expedited is more expensive but will that give me full tracking of my item? Also how would I know what import duties would be due? Considering the pocophone I saw on there for $369 and now comparing with the Honor 8x also :)

Expedited is the most expensive, but should ship the quickest (via DHL is I'm not mistaken). Priority line ships via Aramex and expect just under 2 weeks. I paid R250 duties for my pocophone.

TheTwo

Expert Member
Expedited is the most expensive, but should ship the quickest (via DHL is I'm not mistaken). Priority line ships via Aramex and expect just under 2 weeks. I paid R250 duties for my pocophone.
Quick concise and informative. I thank you

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Thinking of getting a pocophone as well. Are you happy with it?
Had a 2 month old Mi A2 lite when I saw Poco going on sale. Was in two minds about getting it, but could only hold out for so long. Bought it still holding onto my old phone thinking if it's crappy I can always sell it.

Got my phone last week and it only took my 2 days to realize I'm not going back to A2. Now so glad I bought this phone as it's way better than my A2 that was almost the same price.

Yes would recommend, for the price you going really struggle to find anything that can compete.

k@vi

Had a 2 month old Mi A2 lite when I saw Poco going on sale. Was in two minds about getting it, but could only hold out for so long. Bought it still holding onto my old phone thinking if it's crappy I can always sell it.

Got my phone last week and it only took my 2 days to realize I'm not going back to A2. Now so glad I bought this phone as it's way better than my A2 that was almost the same price.

Yes would recommend, for the price you going really struggle to find anything that can compete.
Thanks AlphaJon. Gonna pull the trigger and get one. Currently using the MiA1 and loving it. Will pass it on to my SO

FlashSA

Executive Member
Pocophone specs in the chassis and screen of the Mi Max 3 would be my ideal upgrade