How to import from GearBest and more

kolaval

Executive Member
I ordered some mobile triggers and grips for the nephew and got the shipping email on the 21st.
Got the package today.
Wow

Praeses

Expert Member
I've changed my shipping from Aramex to DHL since they were taking a long time to send my phone. Saw today that it's been packed, guess it'll be here soon then! Oneplus 6 :D

FlashSA

Executive Member
I have been watching laptops for a while and see that they removed Priority Line for them from the China warehouse - obviously can't reach an agreement with Buffalo.

How long on average would Expedited DHL take from there to my hands, including customs?

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
I have been watching laptops for a while and see that they removed Priority Line for them from the China warehouse - obviously can't reach an agreement with Buffalo.

How long on average would Expedited DHL take from there to my hands, including customs?

DHL normally within a week, if your clearance go as planned, but you gonna pay. DHL she aint cheap.

ld13

Honorary Master
Man, I missed the Mi Band 3 at the R338 odd price point. Back to R730 now for the CN-099 warehouse.
Edit: Lol, back to R338 just as I post this. Sat refreshing the page the whole day yesterday, waiting for the price to fall.

Rohela

Hey guys have a query about the pre clearance for the Pocophone F1.

So I requested one and they sent me an invoice for it today but the amount is R11 78.75.

There's R260 clearance, R312 duties R32 disbursement R544 VAT

This is obviously a large sum of money to pay for customs so I wanted ask can I leave out the pre clearance and will they quote me a new invoice when the phone gets here to SA?

Is there any other way to avoid paying this large sum?
Your post is the reason I am afraid of ordering a Oneplus 6t, are you requested to pay amount of R1148 or R11 78.75

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Your post is the reason I am afraid of ordering a Oneplus 6t, are you requested to pay amount of R1148 or R11 78.75

His surprise was that shipping company used an invoice with actual value of the item. Not great but nothing bad of it either. The real surprise is those that get caught with undervalued invoices. If caught you get fined R6500 + Import Vat and and, paying loads more than value of item and its worse you cant slip that fine as its on your ID and da tax man wants his money.

Normally its best to supply your actual invoice to shipping company to use for customs clearing, but most here gamble to try and get away with undervalued invoice from supplier.

Conack

Expert Member

Paid R1000 for a phone valued at about R2500 not very long ago...
/throws dice for my current order and hoping for the best.

Edit: From the start I sent them the legit invoice, full amount, asked GB to supply legit invoice upon ordering and did everything by the book.
Got f******* for my honesty.

Will see what happens next time.

Rohela

You're right ordering is a gamble, in the beginning of November I ordered 2 dash cams and a mi band 3 (still waiting for the band) the ordered totaled about R1500 but I wasn't asked to pay anything apart from the initial payment, so I am really concerned getting stiffed by a huge bill when it come this side.

FlashSA

Executive Member
New grouping rule by customs. Make sure you space our your low value orders...
NEW CUSTOMS GROUPING RULE.PNG

McSack

Executive Member
Some advice please
Got a good deal on aliExpress BlackView global store on a BV9500 Pro. Delivered to Aramex HK for shipment to ZA
Now Aramex is requesting an MSDS form before they'll ship
Trying to get hold of someone at BlackView who can help is like drawing blood from a stone

Anyone got any ideas where I can find a form for the phone? Aramex has no probs if I upload it to my shipping docs myself

naeem

Expert Member
another advice post please :)

What does this shipping method mean?: SAEXPZFP

I chose priority line and it cost a few dollars extra (about $6 extra)

ZAGadgetReviews

Some advice please
Got a good deal on aliExpress BlackView global store on a BV9500 Pro. Delivered to Aramex HK for shipment to ZA
Now Aramex is requesting an MSDS form before they'll ship
Trying to get hold of someone at BlackView who can help is like drawing blood from a stone

Anyone got any ideas where I can find a form for the phone? Aramex has no probs if I upload it to my shipping docs myself

Not enough information given. Did Blackview send it to you via Aramex or did you order for delivery to Aramex HK address via AramexGlobalShopper?

I would read the terms and conditions if it is global shopper that was used. They normally will refuse to ship. Aramex does not ship devices with batteries from China unless you use a Chinese shipping company. You will have to speak to the seller in regards to the MSDS as they might not have known it was going to leave HK and thus did not include the paperwork required for exporting.

https://www.aramexglobalshopper.com...319/51166/AGS_Unacceptable Items List_V20.pdf

McSack

Executive Member
@ZAGadgetReviews
Thanks for the reply. Ordered for delivery to Aramex HK via GlobalShopper.
Only shipping option on aliExpress was the free postal option....which the supplier then came back and said they couldn't do for some reason. Changed address to Aramex HK.
Looks like this is going to be more effort than it is worth. Reckon I'm going to try can the purchase

ZAGadgetReviews

@ZAGadgetReviews
Thanks for the reply. Ordered for delivery to Aramex HK via GlobalShopper.
Only shipping option on aliExpress was the free postal option....which the supplier then came back and said they couldn't do for some reason. Changed address to Aramex HK.
Looks like this is going to be more effort than it is worth. Reckon I'm going to try can the purchase

You not gonna win with that as well. The reason why I offer assistance is to try ensure people don't do this kinda risky thing. Aramex will charge you like R500-R1000 to ship back to the seller. If you willing to do that, they will refund you. Or ask the seller to arrange for it to be fetched and take it out of the total refund due.

Most of us use Gearbest because the one of the few companies that will ship Aramex to South Africa from HK. I might be worth the effort to get the MSDS so that it can be exported. Cheapest fix right now. Will be shocked if it works as it would be awesome to import phones that Gearbest don't do from AramexGlobalShopper HK branch.

Let me know how it goes and if you need assistance. Can't do much on the MSDS side though.

mozammil09

So I payed up the customs clearance and it's been cleared from customs. But Aramex is taking their sweet time shipping it (been processing at their origin facility in HK since last Friday)
But I just wanted to ask I've ended up paying close to R6k for the pocophone is that worth it?

ZAGadgetReviews

So I payed up the customs clearance and it's been cleared from customs. But Aramex is taking their sweet time shipping it (been processing at their origin facility in HK since last Friday)
But I just wanted to ask I've ended up paying close to R6k for the pocophone is that worth it?

Pre-clearance before it arrived?

Importing always has the risk. Sometimes works out well, sometimes not. Until we have a reseller locally that marks up the item in part with what an import would cost, then we have no choice. Locally, they get marked up by like 100% so where it will cost R5000 to import, they sell for like R8000-R10000 locally which is still not worth it.

Hoping that changes soon. I got some inside information that it might very soon so will keep this thread updated as I get more feedback.