How to import from GearBest and more

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
So I payed up the customs clearance and it's been cleared from customs. But Aramex is taking their sweet time shipping it (been processing at their origin facility in HK since last Friday)
But I just wanted to ask I've ended up paying close to R6k for the pocophone is that worth it?

If that's for the 6/128 then its still less than local and I will even go as far to say that R7500 MiPhones charge is worth it.

Great phone, esp once you pop Gcam on it. The fact that everyone over at XDA is on it means it will be well supported as well.

Praeses

Expert Member
1543643140678.png
Does number 3 indicate that DHL is already working on the customs clearance?

FlashSA

Executive Member
First Buffalo issue I have had. Fastway clearly f$%ed up and now the envelope is 700km from where it should be. Should be fun to watch....
oops.PNG

McSack

Executive Member
You not gonna win with that as well. The reason why I offer assistance is to try ensure people don't do this kinda risky thing. Aramex will charge you like R500-R1000 to ship back to the seller. If you willing to do that, they will refund you. Or ask the seller to arrange for it to be fetched and take it out of the total refund due.

Most of us use Gearbest because the one of the few companies that will ship Aramex to South Africa from HK. I might be worth the effort to get the MSDS so that it can be exported. Cheapest fix right now. Will be shocked if it works as it would be awesome to import phones that Gearbest don't do from AramexGlobalShopper HK branch.

Let me know how it goes and if you need assistance. Can't do much on the MSDS side though.
Thanks for the advice
Going to give one or two more days trying to get the MSDS out of BlackView. Would think this would be something the supplier sorts out when they make the product considering how many more they could sell.
Already spoken with AramexGlobalShopper and can confirm that fee ...around R700

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
At least its still in the country...

Had a local order once made a detour via Richards bay traveling from Capetown to Randburg...
Shouldn't happen but it does.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Does number 3 indicate that DHL is already working on the customs clearance?

Means DHL informed customs of inbound package. Guess that is why their orders get processed faster as they do pre without even being asked.

Praeses

Expert Member
Means DHL informed customs of inbound package. Guess that is why their orders get processed faster as they do pre without even being asked.
Thanks, I see I need to contact them as they need information from me. I guess this will be the invoice that they require for customs clearance?

Edit: I guess also VAT payment

ZAGadgetReviews

Thanks for the advice
Going to give one or two more days trying to get the MSDS out of BlackView. Would think this would be something the supplier sorts out when they make the product considering how many more they could sell.
Already spoken with AramexGlobalShopper and can confirm that fee ...around R700

Yeah, give it a day or two. If you don't come right, let me know and I will see who I can speak to and arrange something.

mozammil09

Hey guys I want to buy a rugged phone case and a tempered glass protector for the phone, which ones did u guys get and which shipping option is best?

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Hey guys I want to buy a rugged phone case and a tempered glass protector for the phone, which ones did u guys get and which shipping option is best?

For what phone?

On the screen protector, make sure its oilaphobic in order to reduce smudges.
I normally go for ASLING 2.5D 9H Tempered Glass.