How to import from GearBest and more

ZAGadgetReviews

I have taken the plunge and ordered a Miband 2 from Gearbest using "Priority Line" delivery, but the process came to a grinding halt with Gearbest telling me in a support ticket:

"With Aramex,we can not ship your package out. Because we can not get the tracking number.
We advise you to change the regular mail."

Can somebody decipher this?

This is after a few exchanges, where I can get no clarity on why Aramex can't ship to South Africa. I'm definitely not going to use regular mail as I have lost an overseas delivery already in the past via "regular mail".

I'm going to cancel this order if they can't resolve this by this weekend or give me a clear answer... and then then it will be goodbye Gearbest forever for me!

I do apologize for the delays in responding to your PM. It is unfortunate that they have no given you a clear reason why they cannot ship. I have ordered multiple times of the Mi Band 2 and they have no had issues before shipping it to me. I will follow up with them regarding your order and see what they can see to resolve the issue.

evilbob

Gearbest is a bit of a scam website it seems. I order a phone and it get stuck in "processing". The time to ship is 1-2 days after the purchase date. After 3 days I log a call and ask what is going on. They say expect it to ship a month later. The website still says it will 1-2 days after purchase.

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 16.45.25.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 16.46.10.jpg

ZAGadgetReviews

Gearbest is a bit of a scam website it seems. I order a phone and it get stuck in "processing". The time to ship is 1-2 days after the purchase date. After 3 days I log a call and ask what is going on. They say expect it to ship a month later. The website still says it will 1-2 days after purchase.

View attachment 481568
View attachment 481570

That is a weird one. Normally, their dispatch dates are pretty accurate on majority of items unless they have ran out of stock. I suggest that you cancel the order and request a refund. They will refund you. I will PM you as well as I have one in local stock if you are interested.

evilbob

That is a weird one. Normally, their dispatch dates are pretty accurate on majority of items unless they have ran out of stock. I suggest that you cancel the order and request a refund. They will refund you. I will PM you as well as I have one in local stock if you are interested.

Thanks, perhaps I am just unlucky on this one. GearBest having local support through you is great. I appreciate the assistance and will email you about the local stock.

Ash_ZA

Hi, didn't know you existed until now, I might need your help if you have some time. :)

I ordered a Beelink GS1 6K from gearbest Monday but they have some issues with shipping (I chose aramex). I changed it to my work address and I am waiting for feedback from them but figured I should get in touch in case there still is an issue to find out what is best or if you can possbly assist? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

ZAGadgetReviews

Hi, didn't know you existed until now, I might need your help if you have some time. :)

I ordered a Beelink GS1 6K from gearbest Monday but they have some issues with shipping (I chose aramex). I changed it to my work address and I am waiting for feedback from them but figured I should get in touch in case there still is an issue to find out what is best or if you can possbly assist? Thank you in advance.

I will drop you a PM and I can then advise what to do to resolve the issue.

Ash_ZA

Thanks a lot, appreciate it. The 2nd address was accepted so I should be sorted. :) Hoping I made the right call getting a Beelink GS1! Have 2 references that has GT1's that work well, I was going to get the xiaomi mi box...

Last edited:

Chingha

Expert Member
Anyone else having Aramex tracking issues. Mine tracked the parcel to Jhb but now just says, no info available, at all. Even for the trip so far.

ZAGadgetReviews

Anyone else having Aramex tracking issues. Mine tracked the parcel to Jhb but now just says, no info available, at all. Even for the trip so far.

Please PM me the tracking number. Aramex has been having major issues so if you cannot track it, give them a call and try resolve the issue.

Sayf777

Expert Member
What GB said. Mine still showed as left China but was already in customs when I phoned.

weelzSA

Expert Member
So after finally getting in touch with someone at Gearbest, this is the response I get:

WA1711211352133280
Sorry for my delayed response.
We are sorry to inform you that the shipping method you have chosen cannot be used to ship this order. Please feel free to choose one of the other available shipping options that appear during the 'Check Out' stage.

I don’t understand as I paid for Middle East Express shipping. Anyone able to assist in what I should do?

ZAGadgetReviews

So after finally getting in touch with someone at Gearbest, this is the response I get:

WA1711211352133280
Sorry for my delayed response.
We are sorry to inform you that the shipping method you have chosen cannot be used to ship this order. Please feel free to choose one of the other available shipping options that appear during the 'Check Out' stage.

I don’t understand as I paid for Middle East Express shipping. Anyone able to assist in what I should do?

Please message them back and ask them to ship it to a new address using Middle East Express. Change the postal code to 8001 (Cape Town CBD) and they should ship with no issues. It is the Postal code issue and that will fix the issue assuming your location is correct as Cape Town.

weelzSA

Expert Member
Please message them back and ask them to ship it to a new address using Middle East Express. Change the postal code to 8001 (Cape Town CBD) and they should ship with no issues. It is the Postal code issue and that will fix the issue assuming your location is correct as Cape Town.

So I can put my normal address but just change postal code from 7441 to 8001?

ebendl

Expert Member
So I can put my normal address but just change postal code from 7441 to 8001?

If you read earlier up in this thread you will see there’s a ton on the topic of City and postal code.

In my case I couldn't figure out what postal code was accepted, until I found out Aramex lists my postal code (0081)'s City as Lynnwood Glen and not Pretoria.

MDE

Expert Member
@GearBestZA - I've sent you a pm with my tracking information, let me know if you need anything else.

ZAGadgetReviews

@GearBestZA - I've sent you a pm with my tracking information, let me know if you need anything else.

Responded. The tracking looks to be Airmail and not Priority Line/Middle East Express (Aramex). Due to this, it will take longer to arrive. It has left but going to take a month or two to get to you.

RaptorSA

Executive Member
What a cool thread. I'm loving seeing someone like GearBestZA always helping out.
Note sure if people say this enough on here, but: Thanks Dude... your messages and comments when I was considering buying a projector was greatly appreciated.

Ordered my OnePlus 5T from Gearbest before reading this thread (BTW I also work in Rosebank but didn't use the Joburg code as you suggested).

The order was placed on Friday late in the afternoon and I see it's already being shipped out of Shenzen with DHL this afternoon (Monday the 12th) even though the site said "Ships between Dec 15 - Dec 18".
There was a little button on the website under my order that said "Ship Faster" or something like that .. .wonder if it made a difference when I clicked it.

Anyway, pretty damn pleased with the Gearbest site and service so far. You get a "download invoice" button and the track shipment option is obvious and works.
Will see how it goes :)

Last edited:

Malkie

Received my first purchase from GearBest today and can happily confirm that I have been very happy with the service from them and Aramex. The parcel left Hong Kong on 5th December and was delivered to my home this morning, 11th December. Fantastic! One thing I did find was that the GearBest tracking site did not work, it got stuck on saying the tracking had not been updated and probably still says the same now? Once I changed to the Aramex tracking site the parcel was tracked with every movement.
I have now got a second parcel that has just been shipped out so here's holding thumbs this one will arrive just as quickly.

Chingha

Expert Member
My order has cleared customs but now says "
In transit
On Hold - Payment not Ready / Delivery Rescheduled"

Can anyone decode?

weelzSA

Expert Member
Yeah I’m really not impressed with Gearbest so far. Their replies are taking forever. I sent them the updated address using post code 8001 but haven’t heard anything. I ordered almost a month ago now already.