How to import from GearBest and more

Praeses

Expert Member
Further Detail:
Entry is rejected by Customs Authorities
Next Step:
Entry will be corrected and resubmitted. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further information is required.

Not nice seeing anything getting rejected by customs - but I phoned DHL and they said they will fix the issue (doesn't require input from me) and resubmit, hopefully it doesn't delay it too much.

Btw: It's THE WEIRDEST thing to phone a company and there is a 0 second holding period before somebody at the call centre helps you. I phoned DHL twice today and the people are friendly, efficient and I didn't have to wait a second for them to answer.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Not nice seeing anything getting rejected by customs - but I phoned DHL and they said they will fix the issue (doesn't require input from me) and resubmit, hopefully it doesn't delay it too much.

Btw: It's THE WEIRDEST thing to phone a company and there is a 0 second holding period before somebody at the call centre helps you. I phoned DHL twice today and the people are friendly, efficient and I didn't have to wait a second for them to answer.

That's the difference between DHL and ARAMEX, but you pay for that service.

I normally use the companies DHL agent when I ship via DHL and not once did she say no she only does corporate or some such. I just mail her saying I have X coming in and she sorts it out the rest.

Praeses

Expert Member
That's the difference between DHL and ARAMEX, but you pay for that service.

I normally use the companies DHL agent when I ship via DHL and not once did she say no she only does corporate or some such. I just mail her saying I have X coming in and she sorts it out the rest.
Well it was a R200 difference - but well worth it - but will see if they get the customs sorted out today - they estimated delivery for Wednesday, but I guess it might be delayed now.

Rohela

How does one perform pre-clearance if shipping is with Aramex for a "media player"

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
How does one perform pre-clearance if shipping is with Aramex for a "media player"

Email them the tracking number with your ID/importer code and ask them to start the clearance so long....

@ZAGadgetReviews Mind updating 1st page with address (ALL_JNB_EXP_Clearance_ISD @ aramex.com) also I see you mention 4/5 imports a year, need to change to 3.

FlashSA

Executive Member
First Buffalo issue I have had. Fastway clearly f$%ed up and now the envelope is 700km from where it should be. Should be fun to watch....
View attachment 585906
So I phoned Fastway - they needed their local tracking number.
I phoned Buffalo. Aunty was kinda rude and said I must chill, as it will get to East London. The more I told her it should not be in George, the more she was having none of it. She did give me the Fastway waybill number.
Called Fastway George, gave the number and got a confirmation that the parcel should not have found its way to George and they don't know how it got mixed up - but they did confirm it'll truck over to ELS tonight.

Oh well, not critical. First call I have made to Buffalo and they don't seem to place friendliness very high up on their list of skills. I just bit my tongue because, only $4

Dan C

Honorary Master
So I phoned Fastway - they needed their local tracking number.
I phoned Buffalo. Aunty was kinda rude and said I must chill, as it will get to East London. The more I told her it should not be in George, the more she was having none of it. She did give me the Fastway waybill number.
Called Fastway George, gave the number and got a confirmation that the parcel should not have found its way to George and they don't know how it got mixed up - but they did confirm it'll truck over to ELS tonight.

Oh well, not critical. First call I have made to Buffalo and they don't seem to place friendliness very high up on their list of skills. I just bit my tongue because, only $4
No flights to EL I guess.

AshleyA

Help please guys!

Ordered a phone and some accessories on 13-Nov-18. Chose priority line (3-5 days, the more expensive quicker option for the phone + insurance and the 5-8 day option for the accessories) but not expedited.

At the time, the phone was in stock and the other items was due 3-7 days later at most. The orders where split upfront due to the phone coming from Honk Kong and the accessories from China and two delivery charges and insurance was applied.

The order with the phone went to packed status the same day. I got a mail the next day to confirm the address and it still wasn't shipped after a week. When I inquired, I was told stock will come on the 28-Nov-18 so I must wait a few more days yet this was in stock when purchasing and was marked as packed. Inquired on 30-Nov-18 and told they have a batch so I must wait a few more days again. Now is 3-Dec-18 and it's still flagged as packed and no movement. I clicked the "Dispatch faster" button numerous times and already sent a few tickets and mails.

In the meantime, they split the second order and sent the phone covers which I collected on 28-Nov-18 already which was expected way later due to not being in stock and I also haven't heard anything on the other items from the second order.

What do I do to actually get them to ship the phone? I feel like they've already pushed my order out when they had stock to when this batch came in, probably to send to expedited clients and now they might push to the next one on 30-Dec-18, and then who knows. Plus I still need the screen guard and memory card etc that is sitting on the other half of the order with no movement.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Help please guys!

Ordered a phone and some accessories on 13-Nov-18. Chose priority line (3-5 days, the more expensive quicker option for the phone + insurance and the 5-8 day option for the accessories) but not expedited.

At the time, the phone was in stock and the other items was due 3-7 days later at most. The orders where split upfront due to the phone coming from Honk Kong and the accessories from China and two delivery charges and insurance was applied.

The order with the phone went to packed status the same day. I got a mail the next day to confirm the address and it still wasn't shipped after a week. When I inquired, I was told stock will come on the 28-Nov-18 so I must wait a few more days yet this was in stock when purchasing and was marked as packed. Inquired on 30-Nov-18 and told they have a batch so I must wait a few more days again. Now is 3-Dec-18 and it's still flagged as packed and no movement. I clicked the "Dispatch faster" button numerous times and already sent a few tickets and mails.

In the meantime, they split the second order and sent the phone covers which I collected on 28-Nov-18 already which was expected way later due to not being in stock and I also haven't heard anything on the other items from the second order.

What do I do to actually get them to ship the phone? I feel like they've already pushed my order out when they had stock to when this batch came in, probably to send to expedited clients and now they might push to the next one on 30-Dec-18, and then who knows. Plus I still need the screen guard and memory card etc that is sitting on the other half of the order with no movement.
Quickest is to go to the Gearbest Facebook page, send them a message asking "when will order xxxx ship?" where xxx is your order number and they will reply with details ETA's in a minute or 2

Last edited:

AshleyA

Do you have a WhatsApp number to add?

Edit: I tried the Facebook Messenger option from the website. It's said 1-2 days for the phone so let's see. Some other items on the other order are also 1-2 days but the memory card has "no exact date".

Last edited:

crysis

Expert Member
Email them the tracking number with your ID/importer code and ask them to start the clearance so long....

@ZAGadgetReviews Mind updating 1st page with address (ALL_JNB_EXP_Clearance_ISD @ aramex.com) also I see you mention 4/5 imports a year, need to change to 3.
How much time does this save would you say? Also, on an slightly related note, anyone had any hassles with not having an import code yet?

Rohela

Another question that is some what strange. Do you guys think that the price on the 6T is going to come down before Christmas? It's currently $519 for 6gb/128gb and $549 for 8gb/128gb on a flash sale.

edit: Also if a import 3 packages now ie December can I import again in January 2019 or is 3 item per 12 months

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
Another question that is some what strange. Do you guys think that the price on the 6T is going to come down before Christmas? It's currently $519 for 6gb/128gb and $549 for 8gb/128gb on a flash sale.

edit: Also if a import 3 packages now ie December can I import again in January 2019 or is 3 item per 12 months
At best you'll see a small discounted flash sale price but it won't be a sustained decrease, its too early.

Rohela

At best you'll see a small discounted flash sale price but it won't be a sustained decrease, its too early.
Thank you very much, and do guys recommend not paying with a credit card asking because my conversion fees are very low if spend is less than R10k on credit card (trying to be a cheapskate over here)

Dan C

Honorary Master
Thank you very much, and do guys recommend not paying with a credit card asking because my conversion fees are very low if spend is less than R10k on credit card (trying to be a cheapskate over here)
I recommend PayPal.