How to import from GearBest and more

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Am so jealous of u you

So if I may ask (for future purposes) how do I request the seller to under declare the value such that I do not get hit with R1k+ customs?

My POCO F1 value wasn't under declared. It was declared as $309,99 but as a multimedia player. And it wasn't declared like that on my request. That is how Gearbest declared it.

crysis

Expert Member
My POCO F1 value wasn't under declared. It was declared as $309,99 but as a multimedia player. And it wasn't declared like that on my request. That is how Gearbest declared it.
What was the result of this? Does it make a difference to the final taxes?

ZAGadgetReviews

Am so jealous of u you

So if I may ask (for future purposes) how do I request the seller to under declare the value such that I do not get hit with R1k+ customs?

You can't. Gearbest does not under declare according to them. So asking them will do nothing. What you can do is pre-clearance with your "Own" invoice as it leave. They will process customs on the invoice supplied and ignore the one on the package...

crysis

Expert Member
You can't. Gearbest does not under declare according to them. So asking them will do nothing. What you can do is pre-clearance with your "Own" invoice as it leave. They will process customs on the invoice supplied and ignore the one on the package...
Ok so no chance of getting fined when buying through gearbest, since they don't under-declare? Even if its a media player?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
What was the result of this? Does it make a difference to the final taxes?

I have no idea. I only paid R241,74 for clearance,customs & taxes. I may have been very lucky. I requested a pre clearance. I only had to supply my ID and the tracking number and they handled it from there. They did not ask for any invoice from me.

TheTwo

Expert Member
WTF? I ordered this and it was IN STOCK but I noticed it hadnt shipped yet so I messaged via facebook messenger as suggested on here and this is what they said "We regret to inform you that due to high demand, the item is currently back ordered (see the above estimated dispatch time). Kindly select one of the following options " I can now either WAIT or EXCHANGE!! How can they say it's on back-order when it showed as in stock?

Rohela

WTF? I ordered this and it was IN STOCK but I noticed it hadnt shipped yet so I messaged via facebook messenger as suggested on here and this is what they said "We regret to inform you that due to high demand, the item is currently back ordered (see the above estimated dispatch time). Kindly select one of the following options " I can now either WAIT or EXCHANGE!! How can they say it's on back-order when it showed as in stock?
Did the same with my mi band 3 ordered it back on the 2 November and its only now at Aramex Hong Kong.

AshleyA

So now they send this:

"18111300905307xxxxxx We are sorry for this issue. Unfortunately, this item 282004001*1 Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro 4G Phablet sold much faster than we expected, due to it being in popular demand, and is currently out of stock. We expect to restock on the Jan 02-Jan 03 and if you are willing to wait we will ship this item to you as soon as possible. Or if you want, we are willing to exchange another item that you want. Please offer us the web page link of the item you wish to exchange for , detailing the size and color of the item you would like. To ensure you will receive your goods as soon as possible, we recommend you choose a product that ships out on today's date. If there is any price difference, we will either refund it to your payment account or send you an invoice to cover the difference. Please kindly let us know your decision "

This phone was in stock when I ordered on the 13/11/18 and then again on the 28th and they kept saying delivery in 1-3 days, now this. I already received the covers for this phone from them. Now what? Wait to months for a phone to maybe be pushed out another month or until the upgrade is out when I get the old version? Keep and get charged for accessories for a phone I don't own?

This was a totally k@k experience for me. I should have just bought locally on Black Friday for nearly the same price and been using the phone for a couple weeks now already instead of this waste of time. Feels like a scam to make you think you getting a deal and commit the spend and you never get the good deal but you'll use the credit on something else not such a good deal after they refund. Even lost out on the PayPal first purchase discount if they refund. #GearBestSUCKS

Last edited:

TheTwo

Expert Member
Similar situation and reply to mine. Not impressed with them. Isn't there a Herropeter I can complain on!

ld13

Honorary Master
Stupid question: Can one do this pre-clearance thing with Buffalo (SA Express) incoming packages as well?

crysis

Expert Member
My Poco has been sitting around since the 30th.

30 Nov 201812:23 PM
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Record created.

Nothing has changed. WTF

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
Stupid question: Can one do this pre-clearance thing with Buffalo (SA Express) incoming packages as well?

They start clearance before you package leaves China. It takes 4 days between leaving china and being delivered.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master

I dont think you need to, from what I have seen on DHL and buffalo is that they start the process the moment your package is inbound to SA. Got an SMS from Buffalo the moment my package left China.

Aramex on the other hand only start the process the moment the package land at customs.

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
I dont think you need to, from what I have seen on DHL and buffalo is that they start the process the moment your package is inbound to SA. Got an SMS from Buffalo the moment my package left China.

Aramex on the other hand only start the process the moment the package land at customs.

This is my experience too.

I hope I see my Aramex package before the end of the year

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
My Poco has been sitting around since the 30th.

30 Nov 201812:23 PM
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Record created.

Nothing has changed. WTF

My Poco was on that state for 5 days before Aramex picked it up.

AshleyA

There are numerous complaints on Hellopeter about Gearbest. Wish I saw those first. Only saw a few reviews on the service and there were some well wouldn't say good but not bad one's and some people I spoke to received their goods.

Looks like they just don't want to honour the good deals they bait you with. Stock volumes were shown as available when I ordered and they immediately asked to confirm delivery address to ship and it was packed the same day. Probably decided the next day to rather ship it to someone who paid more after that special since they make more from that sale and if someone cancels, rather the person that paid less so they lose less. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! To top it off, they expect you to exchange it for something else now at full price like we didn't buy it because of the good price, let alone that we left good Black Friday deals from other retailers that would have shipped a while ago already and been happily using a new phone. Now I must go tell all the people I've been telling to use them and I trusted them enough to order a phone from them not to ever use them because they seriously suck on service and delivery and are pretty much a scam.

Last edited: