How to import from GearBest and more

DragonGod69FU

All that is does is to expedite the clearance process when the parcel arrives in South Africa. They invoice you the total amount for customs and clearance, you pay and provide them with proof of payment. So when the parcel arrives in South Africa it saves you the day or 2 that it would have taken to go through the clearance process because you have already paid the customs and clearance fees.

Fees stay the same. Check post #2 in this thread for the email address.
Okay thank you I will do this now

DragonGod69FU

So I did send them an email and they I did reply did provide them with an invoice sent from gearbest as well as my ID. I sent it at 10:41 this morning yet not reply what so ever please check if I missed something or is this normal to just say non back?

Attachments

Rohela

Omw I would actually do the same to miss such a chance at getting an Oneplus 6t for such a low price.It depends on you if you're willing to wait. But yet still report the cr*p Gearbest agents been telling you it just shows they're unreliable and cant be trusted better yet doesn't know what they're doing maybe just maybe they'll take your complaint to consideration.
Another option is to buy it from the USA store and use my student discount and that brings the price to $525 + R250 for Aramex global shopper. And pay vat and duties accumulated.

BrianLytone

I orderd walkie Talkie for kids from GB on 29/12/2018 , today on 2/01/2019 it shows that its with Buffalo express , i chose South Africa express, i wonder when will it get here

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I orderd walkie Talkie for kids from GB on 29/12/2018 , today on 2/01/2019 it shows that its with Buffalo express , i chose South Africa express, i wonder when will it get here
18 days from time of shipping for me.

Or 16. Can’t remember now but it was bloody quick for the whopping R45 I paid.

They’ll SMS you with customs costs and then Dawn Wing will deliver.

ld13

Honorary Master
18 days from time of shipping for me.
They’ll SMS you with customs costs and then Dawn Wing will deliver.
They have somewhat of a backlog I think, but they are waaaay faster than SAPO. With SAPO you count the months while you count the days/weeks with buffalo. My shortest timeframe was 8 days. Parcel became traceable on the 7th of December and I had it delivered on the 14th of December. Average is 10 days for me across my delivered parcels.

The courier they use seems to differ depending on [factors]. All of mine has been delivered via fastway.

My last buffalo parcel is still stuck at buffalo though - "Inbound Manifest to hub" since the 19th of December.

Dan C

Honorary Master
They have somewhat of a backlog I think, but they are waaaay faster than SAPO. With SAPO you count the months while you count the days/weeks with buffalo. My shortest timeframe was 8 days. Parcel became traceable on the 7th of December and I had it delivered on the 14th of December. Average is 10 days for me across my delivered parcels.

The courier they use seems to differ depending on [factors]. All of mine has been delivered via fastway.

My last buffalo parcel is still stuck at buffalo though - "Inbound Manifest to hub" since the 19th of December.
Also have parcel stuck in the same status. Placed the order on the 18th.

zollies

Hi all,

I purchased this phone on Gearbest.com and I think it's from the HK warehouse. The phone has not been shipped out yet, it still says "Packed". Is there some kind of embargo going on that we cannot order items from Hong Kong anymore? Because if I check for that same phone on Geekbuying.com for example, and choose to ship from Hong Kong, then it just plain says "Shipping not available to South Africa". But if I change that to China, it's fine with that.

The other possibility is that they're out of stock, but I've waited more than a month now for my phone and it's still just status "packed" not even shipped yet. Gearbest support being of no help here. Bought it on Black Friday 23 Nov.

I really want this phone, but I'm starting to think I should swap it out for something else, or just get my money back. What do you think?

Thanks and cheers

SlowInternet

Executive Member

Also have parcel stuck in the same status. Placed the order on the 18th.
I also have a few parcels stuck on status "Inbound Manifest to hub"

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
That is correct, Buffalo is South Africa Express on Gearbest, and South Africa Direct Mail on BangGood.
My fastest shipping to delivery was 4 days in early November. By early December it was 12 days average.

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
My under R500 order mid December got split into 2 packages by BG bumping shipping another R40 and I had to pay R30. Only recieved one package. The other package had $3 of parts (became aware of the additional R40 shipping after checkout. I would have added more parts had I known) and is showing delivered since I received the first package on the 23rd.

2nd order came to R513 at checkout and showed 2 packages. I did not try removing items and checking out to figure which item is coming from a different warehouse (all showed CN) and is bumping to a second shipment. Turned out to be a R70 part. Need to pay R30 on that so totaling R140 on that. Other items not shipped yet.

Rohela

Hi all,

I purchased this phone on Gearbest.com and I think it's from the HK warehouse. The phone has not been shipped out yet, it still says "Packed". Is there some kind of embargo going on that we cannot order items from Hong Kong anymore? Because if I check for that same phone on Geekbuying.com for example, and choose to ship from Hong Kong, then it just plain says "Shipping not available to South Africa". But if I change that to China, it's fine with that.

The other possibility is that they're out of stock, but I've waited more than a month now for my phone and it's still just status "packed" not even shipped yet. Gearbest support being of no help here. Bought it on Black Friday 23 Nov.

I really want this phone, but I'm starting to think I should swap it out for something else, or just get my money back. What do you think?

Thanks and cheers
We are in the same boat I placed an order on the 4th of December and I get told every week stock is coming next week. I am still waiting. I got mine on a flash sale for a really low price. If you really want the 6t then wait.

Peppercorns

We are in the same boat I placed an order on the 4th of December and I get told every week stock is coming next week. I am still waiting. I got mine on a flash sale for a really low price. If you really want the 6t then wait.
Same situation here, although my wait has not been very long yet...

I placed my order for the OnePlus 6t on the 25th December 2018. At the time of placing my order, the website said the order would ship on 3rd January 2019.

Today I contacted Gearbest to check up on my order; they told me they are out of stock and I can only expect shipment in 2 weeks time.

I am willing to wait 2 weeks - I just really hope they don't change the shipping date again 2 weeks from now...

Rohela

Same situation here, although my wait has not been very long yet...

I placed my order for the OnePlus 6t on the 25th December 2018. At the time of placing my order, the website said the order would ship on 3rd January 2019.

Today I contacted Gearbest to check up on my order; they told me they are out of stock and I can only expect shipment in 2 weeks time.

I am willing to wait 2 weeks - I just really hope they don't change the shipping date again 2 weeks from now...
Yesterday it said shipping between 31 Jan and 3 Feb today it says 22 Jan to 25 Jan fingers crossed

DragonGod69FU

Okay so now they asked me for my ID which I probably replied within 10 seconds so after this I'm liable to pay and receive my package?

Dan C

Honorary Master
Okay so now they asked me for my ID which I probably replied within 10 seconds so after this I'm liable to pay and receive my package?
They will invoice you for the duties. After paying you can expect another 2 days before customs release your parcel. Then it will be on its way.