How to log in to Mikrotik? (Vox fibre)

DanH

Expert Member
How do you reset your Mikrotik to default? I used their steps on the official website and wasn't able to do that. It's like the Vox router is locked and disabled from being defaulted.

Read this page:

Depending what they’ve done you may need to do the longer reset and then maybe netinstall.

RouterOS is not something you can pick up in 5min. Unless you’re a network engineer, it’s gonna take days of reading and tinkering to figure out how it works.

Cool project if you are into that, otherwise get a home grade “broadband router” which will take 5min to config.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Read this page:

Depending what they’ve done you may need to do the longer reset and then maybe netinstall.

RouterOS is not something you can pick up in 5min. Unless you’re a network engineer, it’s gonna take days of reading and tinkering to figure out how it works.

Cool project if you are into that, otherwise get a home grade “broadband router” which will take 5min to config.
I got a TP-Link which allows me to hide my SSID as well as do MAC address filtering. That Mikrotik is in a cupboard or drawer somewhere.

EddiePelser

picked up on this thread. Anyone try connecting a Cisco router as an AP? i get it working but speed doesn't go above 20/5 (50/5 package). any config ideas?

powermzii

Expert Member
picked up on this thread. Anyone try connecting a Cisco router as an AP? i get it working but speed doesn't go above 20/5 (50/5 package). any config ideas?
Are there any queues active on the interface that the Cisco router is connecting to the Mikrotik? Were you on 20/5 before?

EddiePelser

Are there any queues active on the interface that the Cisco router is connecting to the Mikrotik? Were you on 20/5 before?
I'm not connecting to the Mikrotik AP, I've connected the Cisco directly to the Fiber terminator router. I'm on a 50/5 but only get 20/5 on the Cisco AP now. I'm sure it's setting but not sure what to change.

netstrider

Expert Member
I'm not connecting to the Mikrotik AP, I've connected the Cisco directly to the Fiber terminator router. I'm on a 50/5 but only get 20/5 on the Cisco AP now. I'm sure it's setting but not sure what to change.
On pfsense and Sophos you have to specify the incoming WAN data rate. It may be similar on Cisco.