How to look sexy for girl friends matric dance (Gotta lost +- 7 kgs by 23 september)

killadoob

Honorary Master
Meph Borak is right, You cannot turn fat into muscle nor does weight training make you lose weight.

You should not eat alot of bread during the day but you should atleast eat a good meal for dinner.

Lino i find to many people are so worried about calories man, eat right and exercise 5 times a week.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
/me wasn't saying what I did was right or wrong .... just sharing what I did last year ... with good results.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Yea i suppose that is good for losing fast weight.

Swimming is about the best way to work-out :), pity in winter my pool is so cold i cannot swim :(

Borak how fat did you used to be? is that why you don't want to go rage?

Its strange how some people with weight are so confident while other are hermits.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Hey guys I think the above title pretty much says it all. I currently weigh in at 90kg and am 1.68m.
Why do you want to look sexy for your gf's matric dance?
Surely she's your gf already or are you planning on
cradle-robbing some of her classmates as well? Huh?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Hehe, tell the little scoundrel Peter, tell him I say ;) :D :p

|tera|

Master of Messengers
You know age of consent is one thing, the armed father is another.....
Haha! :D You hear Linoman? Uncle Peter spoke, so you better listen :p You don't want lead in your rear do you? :p

hawker

Honorary Master
The more muscle you have the more energy you use. So I rate you go jogging or something = cardio + builds muscle.

Eating right is only going to get you so far. Once you start running regurlarly you'll see the benefits more quickly.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Peter just because you have a g/f is no reason to let yourself go man.

My sis says losing weight is 70% diet and 30% working out.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Peter just because you have a g/f is no reason to let yourself go man.

My sis says losing weight is 70% diet and 30% working out.
Sure, but why just for the dance. Why not in general you know....
he basically needs to loose weight for that one event. :)

Lino

I am back
man don't drink that much water... really don't. Drinking more than when you thirsty does nothing, only do it when you sick. there is an article on bbc.com about drinking water... You can kick it if you over do the water thing.
I must be honest I do tend to not drink enough water. Sometimes if I drink 5 glasses a day that is a lot. However I will do my best to drink more water regularly:eek:

Although I don't think I could ever drink enough water to kill myself:eek:

You should not eat alot of bread during the day but you should atleast eat a good meal for dinner.

Lino i find to many people are so worried about calories man, eat right and exercise 5 times a week.
From now on, I'll cut out bread etc. I must admit I am one of those count those calories man:rolleyes:. However I will do my utmost best to exercise 5 times a week.

Although I am still confused as to how much weight vs cardio training I should do:confused:

I want to look not only sexy for her at her dance. I must also admit I also want to feel sexy there, I mean my own dance was a complete and utter mess up. So maybe I want to relive it through hers? (Doctor Phil anyone:D)

The more muscle you have the more energy you use. So I rate you go jogging or something = cardio + builds muscle.

Eating right is only going to get you so far. Once you start running regurlarly you'll see the benefits more quickly.
I would do running and jogging but since I have useless knees it is unfortunately not an option. However I am considering of riding my mountian bike again more often.

Sure, but why just for the dance. Why not in general you know....
he basically needs to loose weight for that one event. :)
I am also doing it for generally but the dance is a short term goal. Thus I can use it as a starting point. (Something to work towards)

killadoob

Honorary Master
Dude go and buy the orbitrek, thats what i use at home.

The cheap one, not the 4k one which looks freakin awesome i must admit.

I don't know how much weight training you need, i am only looking at dropping below 70 for the moment, then will do more weight training and less cardio.
lino do you drink beer?

Lino

I am back
Dude go and buy the orbitrek, thats what i use at home.

The cheap one, not the 4k one which looks freakin awesome i must admit.

I don't know how much weight training you need, i am only looking at dropping below 70 for the moment, then will do more weight training and less cardio.
lino do you drink beer?
I have a subscription to Virgin Active so I might as well go use their Orbatrek machine. I don't drink much beer but more wine and eat a lot of bread:(

killadoob

Honorary Master
Yup bread is the devil if your trying to lose weight, go check if your local spar has rye light bread, very nice and not as fattening.

.Froot.

Executive Member
Yup bread is the devil if your trying to lose weight, go check if your local spar has rye light bread, very nice and not as fattening.
The only bread I eat are (I don't eat normal rye that often) those R10 seed loaves you get at PnP or Woolies. The low-gi ones. I find that they fill me a lot quicker, last a lot longer in my stomach and they sure as hell can't spell "fattening".

Lino

I am back
I must admit I would rather not eat bread, than rye; low gi.