How to look sexy for girl friends matric dance (Gotta lost +- 7 kgs by 23 september)

killadoob

Honorary Master
I thought the same till i tried the rye light bread from spar. its very similar to normal bread and has no seeds or that type of kuk in it

Perinaise and cheese on rye light FTW

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I'm actually back on Mr Diet ..... the winter take-out fest was no good for mah baady :D

Lino

I am back
I thought the same till i tried the rye light bread from spar. its very similar to normal bread and has no seeds or that type of kuk in it

Perinaise and cheese on rye light FTW
I'll take your word for it:D

Dusk

Expert Member
Someone once told me drugs are the best diet plan , first it lets you dance like an energiser bunny and secondly you dont get hungry.
Although your school marks will go down so you might not even finish matric this year ... well atleast you have a full year then to get to your ideal weight :p

Turtle

Expert Member
ummm if your gf is happy enough to have you looking as you do at the moment then why bother ?
What the hell kind of attitude is that!? :) Sounds like those women who 'let themselves go' the moment they have the wedding ring. Horrible.

Anyway, no reason not to want to better yourself just for the sake of bettering yourself and being happier with oneself, never mind for the girlfriend. (Plus, you might land a hotter girlfriend :))

Just be careful, putting a deadline on this kind of thing can lead you to over-push yourself and injure yourself, especially if you aren't used to exercise.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
True ... nothing like doing 100 sit-ups the very first day and waking up with what feels like your stomach smashed into rocks throughout the night the next morning :eek: ....... was very painful :eek:

[OUPA]MrNutz

Expert Member
on the topic of burning fat ect - i've bought myself a trojan cycle and a threadmill (ironman 500) - so how many calories per day is good to burn? 200-300?

i've cut down on sugar/soft drinks/fullcream milk and normal bread ->buying Gi bread..

weight +- 130kg...

could have been a member of BFB :)

chiskop

Executive Member
Wow guys thank you to all of you for your responses I have been working on the following calculations:

A day I need 2000 calories to stay at my current weight. Also 1b of fat is = 3500 calories.

If I reduce my calorie consumption to 1000 calories a day and burn off 500 a day.

Then daily my calorie deficit would equal 1500 calories.

1500 x 7= 10 500 calories burnt off in a week. Which is equal to about 3b of fat and is equal to 1.4kg a week. "2.2b is = 1kg'

I have 5 weeks

1.4 x 5 = 7 kg's lost in that amount of time.

What do you all think?

(That is if my maths is correct though)
Um, I think you're simplifying things a lot - and trying to put a definite number on an unpredictable process. The important thing is to watch what you're eating and to exercise - that will bring your weight down but just not in the predictable way you're hoping for.

Linoman said:
Although I am still confused as to how much weight vs cardio training I should do
In five weeks, weight training will do nothing for your weight. Maybe longer term, but if the goal is short term weight loss you're better off with cardio.

Lino

I am back
What the hell kind of attitude is that!? :) Sounds like those women who 'let themselves go' the moment they have the wedding ring. Horrible.

Anyway, no reason not to want to better yourself just for the sake of bettering yourself and being happier with oneself, never mind for the girlfriend. (Plus, you might land a hotter girlfriend :))

Just be careful, putting a deadline on this kind of thing can lead you to over-push yourself and injure yourself, especially if you aren't used to exercise.
I must agree with you 1000%. Although I am quite happy with my current girlfriend (don't want a hotter one;))

True ... nothing like doing 100 sit-ups the very first day and waking up with what feels like your stomach smashed into rocks throughout the night the next morning :eek: ....... was very painful :eek:
Oh good grief that is very true, I remember about a few months back when I did that. How I injured my knee and couldn't walk for about 3 weeks. :eek:

Um, I think you're simplifying things a lot - and trying to put a definite number on an unpredictable process. The important thing is to watch what you're eating and to exercise - that will bring your weight down but just not in the predictable way you're hoping for.

In five weeks, weight training will do nothing for your weight. Maybe longer term, but if the goal is short term weight loss you're better off with cardio.
I agree with you, I am simplifying things I suppose I am doing it so that I can look at all of this in a sort of logical fashion. However I will now do extra cardio and a little bit of weight training:cool:

Thats so sweet of you wanting to get in shape for her dance. Heads up to you!!!
Why thank you very much:D

.Froot.

Executive Member
For weight loss, weight training will probably help you around..... jack crack-all. A slow and steady cardio workout is the most efficient way by far (as I have mentioned, with a relaxed heart rate) to burn fat. Taking two hour walk through the park will drop you around 600-700 calories, all of them fat. No carbs burnt. Just don't eat before the time, else you might just burn some carbs too.

killadoob

Honorary Master
So froot you think a 2 hour walk is better than a 30 minute orbit track session?

I thought the best way to lose weight is to do heavy cardio and get your heart rate going thus burning off fat quickly. I mean seriously a 10 minute heavy orbit track session will burn more fat than a 2 hour walk. Lets be honest WTf has time in the morning to walk through a park for 2 hours. Although when your sprinting away from a criminal in the park this will burn tons of fat :p

Turiko

Banned
A lot of effort for an over-rated event at school

Trust me, there's a lot more special moments later in life than to worry about a high school dance. I never even went to mine!

Lino

I am back
A lot of effort for an over-rated event at school

Trust me, there's a lot more special moments later in life than to worry about a high school dance. I never even went to mine!
I remember doing all of this for my matric dance and what happens it was such a disaster:(

mercurial

MyBB Legend
So froot you think a 2 hour walk is better than a 30 minute orbit track session?

I thought the best way to lose weight is to do heavy cardio and get your heart rate going thus burning off fat quickly. I mean seriously a 10 minute heavy orbit track session will burn more fat than a 2 hour walk. Lets be honest WTf has time in the morning to walk through a park for 2 hours. Although when your sprinting away from a criminal in the park this will burn tons of fat :p
From what I've heard, if you sprint for example, you are not burning fat. Your body uses creatine for that. froot is right - steady exercise results in your body burning fat and not carbohydrates. I'm not at all saying that the Orbitrek is worthless :p It obviously does a good job too :)

killadoob

Honorary Master
Yea but surely walking for 2 hours will never burn as much fat as jogging for 20 minutes.

Does not make sense to me, your suppose to burn carbs so your body will start to use the carbs in your fat for energy making you lose weight.

.Froot.

Executive Member

I am talking from several years of experience as a professional competing athlete. The only way you can burn [only] fat whilst doing heavy cardio, is by having nothing else left to burn (ie you haven't eaten for around 4-6 hours). But I can't say that will be too good for you.
Sprinting away from a criminal in the park will burn close to only carbs... :)