How to look sexy for girl friends matric dance (Gotta lost +- 7 kgs by 23 september)

Lino

I am back
Anyway back on topic. For those of you who are actually interested and have helped me so far.

I shall be trying to swop my lunch and supper meals around. Also cutting out the strawberry water

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Anyway back on topic. For those of you who are actually interested and have helped me so far.

I shall be trying to swop my lunch and supper meals around. Also cutting out the strawberry water
don't swop them .... just have a proper healthy lunch is all. All I was saying was that your supper looked more like what you should be having at lunch time :D

Lino

I am back
don't swop them .... just have a proper healthy lunch is all. All I was saying was that your supper looked more like what you should be having at lunch time :D
Lol, oops:D

Oh wanna hear something weird, this morning on the scale I was 90Kg and this evening 88.4:eek: must have lost some water today

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Lol, oops:D

Oh wanna hear something weird, this morning on the scale I was 90Kg and this evening 88.4:eek: must have lost some water today
hehe, cool. Another thing I recommend, is using a tape measure to measure certain areas once a week and keep a record ........ it's really wicked when a week goes by and you can see the evidence of your hard work :D

Lino

I am back
@linoman

hey - keep us informed with your weekly weigh in...
Hey I shall thank you;)

Well today I did the following: Yes I also went to gym and did exactly the same as yesterday.

Breakfast:

1 Bowl (= 1 cup of) Special K Corn Flakes with skim milk

Snack through out the day
2 Small apples (those small little red ones at Pnp)

Lupper

I medium, grilled steak. With seasoning (nothing else)

Drink:

Had about a 2 glasses of strawberry flavoured water.
Will have about another 4 glasses of normal water later.
Had two glasses of orange juice today as well.

My weight this morning on the scale was 87.6kg as opposed to Monday morning when it was 90kg

Last edited:

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Taking a dump before weigh in does not count :p

J

Hey I shall thank you;)

Well today I did the following: Yes I also went to gym and did exactly the same as yesterday.

Breakfast:

1 Bowl (= 1 cup of) Special K Corn Flakes with skim milk

Snack through out the day
2 Small apples (those small little red ones at Pnp)

Lupper

I medium, grilled steak. With seasoning (nothing else)

Drink:

Had about a 2 glasses of strawberry flavoured water.
Will have about another 4 glasses of normal water later.
Had two glasses of orange juice today as well.

My weight this morning on the scale was 87.6kg as opposed to Monday morning when it was 90kg

Patty

Guys slight hijack here on a similar topic but what is the best way to loose some weight in the 6 pack region. Im currently doing sit ups, is that good enough?

...besides eating right which I am already doing.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
you start with 50-100 per session and it's gonna feel like someone stole your guts :D Start small and build up as your body can handle it ..... don't strain anything ;)

Patty

Ah great stuff... I did start small and felt like I was dead for the next 3 days. Now im able to do 50 - 100 in one session with small weights on my chest.

Just checking im going the right route here. Tks again.

chiskop

Executive Member
Guys slight hijack here on a similar topic but what is the best way to loose some weight in the 6 pack region. Im currently doing sit ups, is that good enough?

...besides eating right which I am already doing.
If you want to lose weight you've got to do some cardio work - 20 mins three or four times a week at a low intensity on a bike or running. Eating right is a good start too.

Sit ups will help with definition, but won't help with the layer that's hiding your six-pack at the moment. :)

TMoose

Expert Member
Holy crap Batman, can you spell nutrition misconceptions.

Just do the following:

- Absolutely no alcohol, refined sugars or refined carbs
- Restrict intake of fruit, fruit juices and anything that contains fructose to after exercise
- Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones, eat every 3 hours
- Each meal should contain a form of lean protein, carbs and fibre
- Carbs you can eat include brown rice, oats, whole wheat brown bread and carbs from vegetables
- Lean protein includes fish, chicken, turkey, x-lean beef, egg whites etc
- Veggies should include vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
- After 2pm stop the carbs, unless its directly after exercise
- Don't restrict your calorie intake by more than 250 cals to 300 cals or you'll end up slowing your metabolism. If you're losing more than 1kg a week you're more than likely losing water and muscle along with the fat.
- Drink 1l of water per 1000 calories burnt or taken in. So if you're on a 1800 cal diet, and you do 500 cals of exercise, drink around 2.3l of cold water daily. Cold water needs to be heated up by your body, expending energy - not a lot, but take what you can get.
- Do weight training 3 times a week, for instance Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Do high intensity interval training 2 times a week, Tuesday and Thursday
- Take the weekend off. Still follow all the rules, but double your portions. This revs up your metabolism before your body adjusts it downwards.

That's pretty much all you need. Also, remember that anything you do to your body takes a few weeks to have effect. You might not see any difference for 3 weeks and in the 4th week you start seeing results. Everybody is a bit different, just stick to your workouts and eating plan and eventually you will see a difference. Unfortunately you didn't get fat in a month, and you wont slim down much in one.

Also, if you halve your calories like what you said originally, you'll end up metabolizing muscle and keeping fat. You'll end up "skinny fat", and probably won't look healthy.

Forget about everybody saying low intensity cardio. Do you want to look like a sprinter, or a long distance runner? Long distance runners are thin and without definition, sprinters are muscular and lean. The reason is that high intensity exercise builds muscle and wastes more energy, even hours after completing the session. Your total energy expenditure is much more than long steady pace. Both have a place in your exercise routine, but for fast fat loss you want to focus on HIIT. Google it.

Also forget about spot reducing. If you have fat covering your abs you wont see them even if you do a million situps a day. You need to get your body fat percentage low to see your abs. Your best approach at this stage is a total body one, not one that focuses on one body part.

Lastly, don't over train!! You can seriously delay your results by eating too little or training too much, or totally negate them altogether. Your body needs recovery time. Generally you'll see more results in the downtime than during the week.

Last edited:

Lino

I am back
Captains Log :D Day 3

First thing I noticed today was that I have not been as hungry as I usually am.

Breakfast: 1 Bowl of Special K with skim milk.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Special K with skim milk (yes again)

Supper:

Some butternut mashed (no butter)
Some brussel sprouts (boiled)
1 Boiled Potato
One small piece of pork steak (grilled and fat removed)

Drank water again as well

Did not go to gym today, wanted to give my body a break. Going back tomorrow.

cryptic1

Expert Member
Lino please ensure that this healthy living lasts well after the dance bro. Chicks dig a guy who takes care of himself :)

Waaib

Executive Member
Also forget about spot reducing. If you have fat covering your abs you wont see them even if you do a million situps a day. You need to get your body fat percentage low to see your abs. Your best approach at this stage is a total body one, not one that focuses on one body part.
This part makes sense to me. I always wondered how your body would know where to take the fat from. Surely it just burns fat everywhere and not just in one place? I reckon 100's of sit-ups will build stronger stomach muscles but won't burn the fat off your stomach specifically.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Well your body stores fat in stomach mostly, hense why tmoose is 100%, although there is nothing wrong with doing si tups as well because when you do burn the fat off the muscles will come through.