How to play Diablo for free in your browser

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
How to play Diablo for free in your browser

Game developer Rivsoft has launched a web app which allows users to play the original Diablo game from within their Internet browser.

Any user can play the demo version of the game for free, although they will be limited to one character class and only a few levels.

Mister 44

Executive Member
Can't use the word FREE and DEMO in the same sentence
<rant>Might be a slight derail, but has anybody ever a seen a demo of a game that was not free? I've been gaming for more than 30 years and I have never seen a company go: "Yeah well, you could buy the game for $20 or buy the demo for 5 bucks". And yet developers keep using the phrase "free demo". It's like saying: "The movie will be right back after these free advertisements".
</rant>.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
<rant>Might be a slight derail, but has anybody ever a seen a demo of a game that was not free? I've been gaming for more than 30 years and I have never seen a company go: "Yeah well, you could buy the game for $20 or buy the demo for 5 bucks". And yet developers keep using the phrase "free demo". It's like saying: "The movie will be right back after these free advertisements".
</rant>.
Well in recent years it's been more like "buy the game and get the demo for free....before everyone else".

Demo/Beta same difference really.

Oddly in doing that they've made me cancel more pre-orders than if they simply had no demo/beta.

Urist

Expert Member
</rant>.
Battlefront 2?, they just use other words for it.
Or any paid mobile game with micro-transactions.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Actually,if you own the original (Option to select the MPQ file) it seems to "Unlock" the full experience,so probably more a case of,like anti-dmca?
Capture.PNG

Also Chrome seems to get a menu option to "Install" Diablo when playing so thats pretty cool
Capture.PNG
Also refreshed and it seemed to store my character name and inventory
Capture2.PNG

Last edited: