How to port to Cell-C - FAQ

neoprema

Executive Member
Are there still problems with Vodacom numbers porting to Cell-C? I would like to port at the end of the month but I'm still nervous that it wont work :(

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Are there still problems with Vodacom numbers porting to Cell-C? I would like to port at the end of the month but I'm still nervous that it wont work :(

Hi neoprema

We do not have any issues with porting. Your VC number will work on our network.

^SM

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
@Cell_C quickly hijacking this thread. Can you please let me know if there is a way to secure an Iphone 7 on the 14th. I am eligible for upgrade and would like to get one?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Cell_C quickly hijacking this thread. Can you please let me know if there is a way to secure an Iphone 7 on the 14th. I am eligible for upgrade and would like to get one?

Hi Jakkels1991

We are not taking pre-orders yet and the deals have not been released.

^SM

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi Jakkels1991

We will be taking pre-orders for the Iphone 7 device from Friday.

^SM

naveentak

Hi
I have received the sms on 11 October 7 pm.
Moved from Vodacom prepaid to cell c contract.
However my vodacom sim is still active with my old number.
Please advise how long will it take
Naveen

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi
I have received the sms on 11 October 7 pm.
Moved from Vodacom prepaid to cell c contract.
However my vodacom sim is still active with my old number.
Please advise how long will it take
Naveen

Hi Naveen,

Please PM number in question and we will verify, porting should be completed by now. ^TM

Melz02

So i tried porting my number from telkom to cellc and only received the following sms:

"Telkom SA: Dear Customer, We received a port-out request for this - - - - - - - - - number. If you did not request this please reply 'STOP' within 40 minutes of receipt of this SMS. NO RESPONSE within the time limit implies your consent, subject to Telkom release conditions. Please call 081 180 for any enquiries"

Its been almost 2days and still nothing my telkom sim is still working..

Why the long wait?

cavedog

Honorary Master
So i tried porting my number from telkom to cellc and only received the following sms:

"Telkom SA: Dear Customer, We received a port-out request for this - - - - - - - - - number. If you did not request this please reply 'STOP' within 40 minutes of receipt of this SMS. NO RESPONSE within the time limit implies your consent, subject to Telkom release conditions. Please call 081 180 for any enquiries"

Why the long wait?

Because your number has been ported Telkom has actually allocated a new random number to your activated Telkom simcard. Telkom rarely disconnects your current sim and instead just allocates a new number to it. I would switch the cellc simcard on and make sure.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Why the long wait?

Hi Melz02

Have you tried inserting your Cell C SIM card in your phone?

^NS