How to pre-dissolve 25grams of chlorine (for vinyl pool)

jxharding

Expert Member
So the pool guys said I need to use 25grams of chroline every 2nd day in the vinyl pool, but i need to
pre-dissolve it as the chlorine bleaches the Vinyl.

I tried hot water but I dont know if I'm messing with the chlorine because Im doing this - theres some gas coming from the hot water/chlorine.

Do I buy a big bucket? How big? Do I close the bucket? How long will it take for 25grams of chlorine to dissolve?

upup

Executive Member
add it in 2 liters of cold water and stir, add white water to pool. add more water and stir again. I use a old plastic bucket. If you are lazy, get a paint mix drill and dissolve with a drill. Always add chlorine when the sun goes to bed.

jxharding

Expert Member
add it in 2 liters of cold water and stir, add white water to pool. add more water and stir again. I use a old plastic bucket. If you are lazy, get a paint mix drill and dissolve with a drill. Always add chlorine when the sun goes to bed.

thanks robert, the chlorine does take a long while to dissolve, I'll try the paint mix drill trick :)

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Have you considered a bactericide or bacteriostat rather? Blue 52 instead of chlorine?

Magnum

Expert Member
Blu52 is copper & chlorine

You are all wrong. Chlorine is a gas in its natural form. What is used in pools in a chlorine salt. I dint like messing with any form of clorine. as it is dangerous.

semaphore

Honorary Master
Reminds me of the time when i boiled chlorine and bleach on my stove in order to convert it to chlorate's. You could literally feel your lungs collapsing.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Blu52 is copper & chlorine

Thanks

I know Thor Chemie used to sell BAC50 to distributors as a bacteria cide. It was great for the pool, but have no idea what its sold as.

There was also a company distributing Zinc Omadine as a fungicide - works great for algae.

jxharding

Expert Member
Man chlorine is hardegat, Ive been mixing by hand for half an hour and its as if it doesnt dissolve.
I've now put the stuff in a small little plastic container with holes small enough for water to syhpon through, so hopefully the water flowing through these holes will do the trick.

I'm sitting with 2kgs of chlorine left- should i just have bought the quick-dissolving chlorine or doesnt it work with vinyl?

ijacobs3

Expert Member
I have one of these intex vinyl pools, and bout one of the small hth floaters ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418746202.644985.jpg . This one, and it works awesome, water is always clear