How to re-sell DSTV decoders?

Neville

Hi all

I have two HD-PVR decoders that I have no interest in using anymore. What do I do with it? I heard you have to write a letter granting permission to the buyer or something like that...??? If that's the case it might be easier to just have them collected by our local e-waste guys.

Since most people are on the new Explorer now anyway, would anyone actually want the old HD-PVRs?

krieg

Expert Member
Hi all

I have two HD-PVR decoders that I have no interest in using anymore. What do I do with it? I heard you have to write a letter granting permission to the buyer or something like that...??? If that's the case it might be easier to just have them collected by our local e-waste guys.

Since most people are on the new Explorer now anyway, would anyone actually want the old HD-PVRs?

Take the hard drive out and recycle the rest.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
The process to transfer the decoder from one person to another is way too cumbersome; you'd be lucky to get R200 for each from someone looking for electronic parts. Strip the parts you want from them and recycle.

Adhvik

Sold it via OLX - met the buyer at the DSTV offices - had a prewritten letter to transfer ownership which they put their ID on and then handed to the DSTV counter and they did the necessary admin and the buyer was hooked up with his account and the decoder - easy peasy