How to remotely restart Mikrotek VIBE Router

phoenix55

I have a Mikrotik VIBE Router that is used for Euphoria VoIP phones. It has 1 network cable connected to the LTE router and two network cables connected to the UniFi switch where the internet goes through too

Every now and then, something goes wrong and the VIBE needs to be restarted manually as it seems to lose connectivity and the phones go offline

Is there a way to be able to remotely connect to the VIBE and restart it, similar to ILO on a server?

I use UniFi networking equipment - is it possible to add the VIBE as a device on UniFi and then restart it from there?

Any suggestions?

Nicholas Marzio

If your VIBE can be POE powered by a UniFi switch you could POE power cycle to "reboot" it.

You might need Euphoria to change the port configuration on the VIBE.

Another option is they set a netwatch/watchdog on the vibe that when it cannot reach your network it reboots (Scripting might be required on the vibe)

rubber_otter

Expert Member

Goobie

Expert Member
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.

Probably obvious, but make sure that the Sonoff is not connected to the router that you will be switching off or you won't be able to switch it back on again

AsteriskUser

Probably obvious, but make sure that the Sonoff is not connected to the router that you will be switching off or you won't be able to switch it back on again
The Vibe router isnt the internet break out router so rebooting it would have no effect on the networks ability to connect in and out, it's exclusively for the phones.

jambai

I have never has to reboot the vibe and I am on euphoria as well .is it not if one internet goes down the traffic will get routed over the other internet by the vibe . Vibe takes best route for voice traffic . So surely it is internet that needs to be rebooted and try make the two internet different like one a backup of the othe with different isp or lte and fibre

AsteriskUser

The mikrotik loses the POE ability on port 1 when you flash it with openWRT/ViBE. It's unfortunate, you can cron a reboot or script a watchdog to reboot but you may experience false positives, you don't want your phones going down by accident. Best thing would be the smart plug or cycle it manually.

AsteriskUser

I have never has to reboot the vibe and I am on euphoria as well .is it not if one internet goes down the traffic will get routed over the other internet by the vibe . Vibe takes best route for voice traffic . So surely it is internet that needs to be rebooted and try make the two internet different like one a backup of the othe with different isp or lte and fibre
True you could use RAIN mode, if the router needs to be constantly rebooted I would ask Euphoria to have a look into it, I have seen a Vibe router with an uptime of 400+ days.