How to save money on video games in South Africa

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Humble Choice is a shadow of its former self. There used to be at least one banger every month, and for months now it's been total junk. Cancelled my sub a few months ago and I haven't seen a single title I'm sad to have missed out on. Sad - presumably the fault of IGN who bought Humble.

EA Play is good if you care about their games. Game Pass for PC is amazing. And once the new Ubisoft games start releasing, Uplay+ will be good value too.

wizardofid

Executive Member
As a joke, make your own ?

Being serious, make your own. ?

There is pretty much a game engine for every style of gameplay, from beginner to professional level. You could venture down that rabbit hole make your own.Of course you will end up spending way more the R1000.00. :D

It will suck and then you will spend the next 15 years learning the tools of the trade and spend thousand of rands on software and it will still kinda suck. After which you will question life choices and just spend the R1000.00 on the game by which time you will be in your 40's and society will frown upon a grown man still playing games.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
I've bought (licenced?) a fair amount on GOG.com

Mostly as I'm an evil pirate SCUMM.
Which is why I have the monkey island remake, indiana jones etc ;)

Seriously though - GOG is awesome, and lots of cheap games. I just don't have the time to play them.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Fanatical bundles
itch.io
gog
Epic Games freebies
Other game makers freebies (Ubisoft, Origin)
Uplay+, Orgin Play, Microsoft game pass(....sorry, see it's in the article)

animehero

Expert Member
I play one game at a time so getting the latest and greatest doesn't bother me.

I usually just grab the free ones from the premium games thread for my backlog