How to set up NZB Program for SA

dryburn.macbook

hi im just new to this NZB thing and what to know how to set it up on my macbook.

i just dont know the nes.myisp.net is???

im with telkom.

then do i have to add my username and password?

thanks in advance

smokey

Honorary Master
Use Forum search. You will see an enourmous thread dedicated to newsservers. Ask there.

Silver82

You're kidding right?

You can't even find the thread that is right on top for the whole world to see?

Do some research and stop expecting to be spoonfed!

dryburn.macbook

lol man

You're kidding right?

You can't even find the thread that is right on top for the whole world to see?

Do some research and stop expecting to be spoonfed!

if you even read my post you would have seen that i just heard about nzb files yesterday so i knew nothing about them before!!!!

Silver82

Whether you're new or not, the post has been there for several months already... and like I said, do some research first! Everyone else did.

Oh, and read your own post again, it says nothing about 'yesterday'. Laziness.

alkit

lol, try do a search for NZB... it wont search b/c there are too few letters... maybe he really couldn't find anything? Maybe he has no idea that it is related to a news server etc...

TheLoot

if you even read my post you would have seen that i just heard about nzb files yesterday so i knew nothing about them before!!!!

To answer your questions, on TelkomInternet you'll use news.saix.net on port 119, maximum 2 threads, leave username and password blank.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
lol, try do a search for NZB... it wont search b/c there are too few letters... maybe he really couldn't find anything? Maybe he has no idea that it is related to a news server etc...
And it wont find osx or mac. Three things pertinent to his situation.

@dryburn.macbook - as I mentioned to you in another thread
Unless you're running windows (virtualised or via bootcamp) you're probably stuck with Unison but if you do happen to come across a better app for OsX let me know. :)

hi im just new to this NZB thing and what to know how to set it up on my macbook.

i just dont know the nes.myisp.net is???

im with telkom.

then do i have to add my username and password?

thanks in advance
Long and short of it is no, no username or password is required to access news.saix.net on port 119. If you opt for unison stick with one thread.

Silver82

A search for 'nzb' in google brings up a million pages, with a nice entry by Wikepedia right on top explaining everything from A-Z.

My point is that people should put some effort into what they're doing instead of just expecting a handout, but then again we are in SA, so maybe it's rubbing off on everyone else?

Secondly, there are multiple threads on nzbs and news servers all over the show, it's just plain laziness to start a new one.