How to stop family members from breaking remotes?

Looney

Executive Member
What's with the wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmax2010

Your family clearly has no respect for your property. Not to sound like an a-hole, but you should have disciplined your kids better. The wifey... Well, she belongs in the kitchen like some else said, maybe u should make her aware of that. Ban them all from using your equipment. Lock the remotes in a cupboard where only u have the key. Ground your kids and if they ask you for something say no. Be firm with them. If your wifey wants sex, tell her no, you get enough from your mistress :D that should definately kick her in her ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your statements is really, well ****looney******

dal2000

Expert Member
Buy a carpet. It may get dirty but it won't break all the time. Messing really shouldn't be a problem... they will be more careful now that there is a carpet.

Mars

Honorary Master
Ja, they didn't all shatter to pieces, some of them just broke the battery cover, or the light emitter on the front broke, or some of the buttons stopped working.
But it was bad enough. I dunno, maybe we just have a hard floor. But repeated drops from waist height is enough to make them stop working after the tenth time.

Buy a carpet. It may get dirty but it won't break all the time. Messing really shouldn't be a problem... they will be more careful now that there is a carpet.

^that. We have a carpet and despite many drops on the floor we have never broken one, we have only ever had two casualties. Both times it was my son, the first time it was the Aircon remote, we found it outside in the dog water, and the second was the HDPVR remote, He dumped it into the bath. I'm so glad he grew out of that stage :mad:

pinky4u

Well I will take that remote for myself and they have go and get one for themselves... If they break it again, it's there own money down the drain..

unskinnybob

Expert Member
I believe I read "wife & kids - plural"? That gives us lots of volunteers to be made an example of. Pick the favorite kid and make an example of the other. OR, if you like the kids more than the wife, make an example of the wife.

The carpet someone mentioned is going to come in handy when getting rid of the "example" later on... Might want to get that old carpet.