How to trace someone with only their cellphone number

Corelli

Why? Call them and ask them for it. I doubt the police will give it to you.

Are you trying to blackmail them? It won't end well for you or them. Blackmail is a serious crime in South Africa with very long prison sentences

Also make sure it's actually the person and not someone that snatched their phone. I admit I have never cancelled a prepaid phone that was snatched. Discovered the other day I had 12 open numbers.

Last edited:

scudsucker

Expert Member
Are you trying to blackmail them? It won't end well for you or them. Blackmail is a serious crime in South Africa with very long prison sentences.
That's amazing detective work, Corelli, because when you really study all the evidence in the OP, it DOES suggest them wanting to blackmail. I would never have noticed, personally.

battmann

Why? Call them and ask them for it. I doubt the police will give it to you.

Are you trying to blackmail them? It won't end well for you or them. Blackmail is a serious crime in South Africa with very long prison sentences

Also make sure it's actually the person and not someone that snatched their phone. I admit I have never cancelled a prepaid phone that was snatched. Discovered the other day I had 12 open numbers.
Jumping to conclusions and making wild assumptions is a little premature

Corelli

Let's see if we want most people's address we just normally ask.

If we want to complain we go to the police and press charges.

If we try stalk someone or try blackmailing we try to work it out covertly.

The downside is that you can buy Rica SIM cards anywhere registered to other people. Sad but true. So we can't say if it actually belongs to the person. They could be impersonating someone else.

However clearly since the person is new on mybroadband it means more than likely they are trying to be covert in trying to find it out. So no good will come from it and I'd say someone from mybroadband decides to give the information and something bad happens to the person thats being stalked then all of us will be buggered. Sad but true.

Also there is this law about PPI. Which is the Personal Protection of Information act which means that anyone can be held liable for giving that person the information.

Now let's imagine this is a psycho girl or guy trying to find out where your sister or brother stays. Or someone who gets hold of a school list of parent contacts and want to kidnap your kid.

So then the question is.... do we really want to help it?

Suspicious that the person setup a new profile with just 1 post. The alias is the same as this Youngish woman on twitter from South Africa.

Clearly she is looking to get hold of a guy that she is trying to stalk if all this matches up.

I was in espionage, which is why you have to look at two pieces of the puzzle from both sides.

xeslaro

Expert Member
Let's see if we want most people's address we just normally ask.

If we want to complain we go to the police and press charges.

If we try stalk someone or try blackmailing we try to work it out covertly.

The downside is that you can buy Rica SIM cards anywhere registered to other people. Sad but true. So we can't say if it actually belongs to the person. They could be impersonating someone else.

However clearly since the person is new on mybroadband it means more than likely they are trying to be covert in trying to find it out. So no good will come from it and I'd say someone from mybroadband decides to give the information and something bad happens to the person thats being stalked then all of us will be buggered. Sad but true.

Also there is this law about PPI. Which is the Personal Protection of Information act which means that anyone can be held liable for giving that person the information.

Now let's imagine this is a psycho girl or guy trying to find out where your sister or brother stays. Or someone who gets hold of a school list of parent contacts and want to kidnap your kid.

So then the question is.... do we really want to help it?

Suspicious that the person setup a new profile with just 1 post. The alias is the same as this Youngish woman on twitter from South Africa.

Clearly she is looking to get hold of a guy that she is trying to stalk if all this matches up.

I was in espionage, which is why you have to look at two pieces of the puzzle from both sides.
I'm conflicted in my thoughts. I am impressed with this read because, either, I sustained brain damage I didn't know and I am wrong for thinking this post can never be believable, but factually is meritable or you sustained brain damage you don't know of and have departed from reality but yet still capable of handling the internet. :confused:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us?
Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.

Corelli

You can laugh but for soo many people it's a reality.

Look at the wannacry malware. So it freezes up your machine. Steals all your info and then send your pc mining for bitcoin while waiting for the ransom to be paid.
And all a form of blackmail.

For some sitting at home on a couch you probably don't know how many cases of blackmail there is. Let's think of it simply. Who can bring down Zuma the easiest? The Guptas. So he won't dare turn against them as they have too much against him.

In South Africa people like to gossip and find out the bad or private stuff of others. Things they can get to use against them be it personally or to get further in their career. You can laugh but how many time in office politics do you see people bring up the bad about another, or tell them that they will keep quiet, as long as they get a promotion.

Or if a woman had an affair with her colleague and her other colleague blackmails her financially so that they won't tell her husband. Look at all the blackmail cases that went on after Ashley Madison (pay per bitcoin or we release your private info to your spouse). And you may laugh, but go google as to how many people actually paid. It sounds funny but for them it was far worse and far more stressful. And it always carries a cost

Corelli

Easy answer. Have you ever chatted to anyone new and see how many times they hound you for airtime?

Now if a girl goes after a married guy and gets him. How much damage can she do by spilling the beans? So she ends up blackmailing him because he may loose all if she tells.

Soo many women looking for opportunities like that... married sugardaddies