How to unsubscribe from MTN MoMo SMS spam

VegOtter

I have followed these steps already, all of my options reflect as no, yet I'm still getting useless spam sms's to double my data on recharge and nonsense like that.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Recently had a few in the family automatically subscribed to one of the wasps (I think it called that) services. Easy enough to unsubscribe (*155#) but for it happen without you doing anything -especially since its a daily charge - is crappy.

microsoftword

083ABBC5-C5A3-4BA1-8586-3F203B738F9C.png

All my settings were already set to no (did this via the app a while ago) and want to know how I can not receive my statement via SMS

upup

Executive Member
sms blocker app.

I saw somewhere on facebook that you can renew your car license with this momo. Was / is willing to try it.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Couldn't they think of a better name than "MoMo"?

It basically means "poosy" in colloquial isiZulu

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
The conduct of MTN in general is disgraceful. They don't give a **** about spam as it makes them money.
Today I was at an MTN store doing a SIM swap. Next to me was an old man who was complaining about his top up air time disappearing and receiving rubbish SMS's.
The shop assistant said he must update his firmware. Did not know this process:

1. Dial *136*5#
  2. Select option 2 (Content Services)
  3. Select option 2 (Manage Premium Rated Services)
  4. Select option 2 (PRS Charges)
  5. Select option 1 (Block PRS Charges)

airborne

Honorary Master
Can someone please work out how to get MTN to stop sending "Your airtime is low would you like a airtime advance" spam sms rubbish they send at 2am every morning like clockwork?

All my consent settings are set to No but I still get this stupid sht every day.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Can someone please work out how to get MTN to stop sending "Your airtime is low would you like a airtime advance" spam sms rubbish they send at 2am every morning like clockwork?

All my consent settings are set to No but I still get this stupid sht every day.
Block the sms using Truecaller.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Why they can't just allow us to opt out of all 4 one shot. But, done 4x and now I hope that's that!

airborne

Honorary Master
Block the sms using Truecaller.
I don't have true caller and they also use that MTN menu sht that comes on the sim, it's an sms or 2 and 2 popups from the sim app at 2am.

There's some demon possed dev or overlord at MTN who knows exactly what they are doing with this, it's so irritating I load airtime just so it can stop bugging me, who the fok can take 3 or 4 loud beeps in the middle of the night.

I have minutes bundles loaded so despite having no airtime I have plenty of minutes.

There's a thread thats probably been going for almost a year trying to stop it and still nothing.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Mine is stuck on Yes - Impossible to get it to No.

Dicks.
I selected the relevant nr 1 to 4 and then on next screen said 1 for Yes (as in yes, I want to change it) and next time I went in it had changed to No, so worked for me.