How well do you get along with your neighbours?

How well do you get along with your neighbours?

• Very well / genuine friendship

Votes: 65 18.2%
  • Amicable

Votes: 184 51.4%
  • Not as well as I'd like

Votes: 36 10.1%
  • About as well as the Hatfields and McCoys

Votes: 31 8.7%
  • I don't have neighbours

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.7%

• Total voters

Gunner182

Expert Member
The neighbours opposite us and the one to the left of us, hate our guts. The one to the right we get along with well. The rest of the neighbours in our street we get along with fairly well.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Everyone in my hood pretty much keep to themselves but I have a great rapport with my immediate neighbours. Young, funky couple, good fun!

My GP lives 4 houses away which is also super convenient. They're a very competent GP too!

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Everyone in my hood pretty much keep to themselves but I have a great rapport with my immediate neighbours. Young, funky couple, good fun!

My GP lives 4 houses away which is also super convenient. They're a very competent GP too!
GP so close is important, I look straight into my GP's backyard to the right of my balcony, it's literally a 1 minute walk there :thumbsup:

sand_man

Honorary Master
GP so close is important, I look straight into my GP's backyard to the right of my balcony, it's literally a 1 minute walk there :thumbsup:
Yip, late April she diagnosed an acute appendicitis.. an appointment I might not have bothered with if it meant travelling too far to see the GP, as I wasn't really in much pain and thought it was merely a side strain. 4 hours after our Saturday consult, I was recovering in a general ward at the Linksfield Clinic post appendectomy...

Last edited:

Brian_G

Executive Member
One neighbour fought us in court to try stop our naturally running rain water causing concern with his bad construction, then he was replaced by loud ones who also have a nursery school and a possible thief (long story :rolleyes:)

All other neighbours, very well with a fair friendship.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Very well but due to the children - they've got children roughly the same age as ours so you can't avoid it. But they're good people so it's been great, been on weekends away together and all that. And just incredibly handy to have people you trust that could look after your kids for a bit in a pinch.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
How well do you get along with your neighbours? Do you have an amicable, or even friendlier, relationship with them? or are you a believer that good walls make good neighbours and distance yourself from them as much as possible?
After having had a western shootout a lot better, but these days it is more like "wtf I have neighbours?".

edit
not like jumping over teh wall at brackenfell and dealing a few PKs but up to the point of having to involve the BC and few erm friendly conversations.

jax_maxit

I greet my neighbours and have small talk but that's it. We are on the same WhatsApp neighbourhood group so we can let each other know of any suspicious activities.
Nothing beyond that.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
I live in a fairly representative slice of Joburg life:

On the West, Zimbabweans who're pretty good except when the parents are away on holiday.
On the East, South Africans who are mildly shack-farming and don't like my hook thorn shedding seedpods all over their roof.
In the South, a family from the Cote d'Ivoire who've had at least one traumatic break-in, and a White home-schooling family with 4 kids.
In the North, a quiet South African lives in a rental which was previously occupied by an alcoholic horror of a man who had a massive heart attack with multiple organ failure 3 years ago, and also in the North, a lovely husband and wife with a PhD-holding daughter in residence.

Never had too much trouble from any of them, and at least 3 of them have proved to be good neighbours.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Neighbours have keys and passcodes to enter my property at will. I have the same for their properties.

We have a shared CCTV and notification system amongst us. Trust is something that we need nowadays. Don't be naai eve though.