How will MyBB know you're dead?

OCP

Expert Member
The lack of posting might just give it away.

But seriously ... Once you are dead will you care?

KT-B

Honorary Master
For those that make a difference - I am sure the message will reach here eventually. But the rest of us will just disappear and people will think we forgot to return to the site.

saor

Honorary Master
But seriously ... Once you are dead will you care?
No, but it's still nice as a member here to have some closure when someone goes missing. It's strange when a person just vanishes.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
No, but it's still nice as a member here to have some closure when someone goes missing. It's strange when a person just vanishes.
Especially if it's a nemesis, so that one can fondly remember the good arguments had...

maumau

Honorary Master
I also wonder if MickeyD and Fanie's families visited myBB and saw how much they were missed. Hopefully our messages would provide a teeny bit of comfort.

Mister 44

Executive Member
This is something I've been contemplating so I set up a dead-man's-switch that will trigger if I don't flip it every 48 hours. This switch will log in and reply on every new post created: "Haha. I would love to show you the error of your ways by using humour and logic in a multi layered fashion that will only be fully grasped by a very small demographic on this forum. However I found myself passed on atm, so I am unable to. Vodacom signal is pretty crap down here as well, btw. Lol +1".

beans100

Honorary Master
This is something I've been contemplating so I set up a dead-man's-switch that will trigger if I don't flip it every 48 hours. This switch will log in and reply on every new post created: "Haha. I would love to show you the error of your ways by using humour and logic in a multi layered fashion that will only be fully grasped by a very small demographic on this forum. However I found myself passed on atm, so I am unable to. Vodacom signal is pretty crap down here as well, btw. Lol +1".
TL;DR - :)

ponder

Honorary Master
Nobody will know as Im the only one with access to my email, mybb etc

When I disappear you can be pretty sure I shuffled off this mortal coil ;)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
In my case I know enough people IRL that are on various forums locally that I expect the news would travel quickly enough.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I have toyed with the idea of developing a dead man's switch. Would you guys be interested in such a service if it existed?