How would you rate President Cyril Ramaphosa’s handling of the COVID-19 crisis so far?

How would you rate President Cyril Ramaphosa’s COVID-19 performance (10 = excellent; 1 = poor)?

Votes: 34 6.0%

Votes: 14 2.5%

Votes: 49 8.7%

Votes: 45 8.0%

Votes: 39 6.9%

Votes: 51 9.1%

Votes: 47 8.3%

Votes: 69 12.3%

Votes: 34 6.0%

Votes: 181 32.1%

• Total voters

R3inhardt

He started out good, but has lost the plot somewhere along the lines. Instead of using this as an opportunity to bind the nation, he yet again used the aid schemes to drive a divide between racial lines into the nation. I don't own a business, but how did a young person, born after 1994, who only opened a business in the last two years for example, gain anything from apartheid? Sorry, but I cannot and will not support any scheme based on race, so Checkers can stop asking me for R5 for the solidarity fund. There is no solidarity when you start excluding people based on race.

Magnum

Expert Member
if he doesn't have the strength to kick them out/convict them then thats his problem and he shouldn't be president....
The presidents, after Mandela has always only been a puppet. Zuma was just a better puppet master that the others.

jacques.sa

I actually typed a very long comment but deleted it because it is worthless to explain anything to idiots.

Skoffy2019

Went into lockdown too quickly, the point of the lockdown to get hospitals ready does not seem to have been achieved and now almost 3 weeks with no direct communication? And the NCCC running roughshod over citizens rights, ignoring the constitution - and destroying untold livelihoods whilst ensuring a certain section of the population has no access to any financial relief - just "brilliant"!

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I actually typed a very long comment but deleted it because it is worthless to explain anything to idiots.

So what I take from this is you have no opinion on the matter, no one knows which side your on and you just want to call people idiots.

This seems pretty stupid to me ;):p.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
All who haven't voted 10 are ignorant and ungrateful.
Are you not following the crisis unfolding in countries with poor leadership (like US, Brazil, Italy, UK)

Maybe you think those distant problems will never be a reality for SA?

Most people complaining about cigarettes, alcohol and running.
Without the early and strict lockdown measures in SA, you all would be queuing towards death at hospitals.

You should be grateful for our brilliant President Cyril Ramaphosa
.. who has kept you and your families alive!
2 posts in four years and that's the best you've got? Please join NDZ on the suicide walk.

konfab

Honorary Master
Truly, I am shocked that he is garbage...

The reality is that voting for the Ramamessiah is just as corrupt as everyone else in the ANC. The reality is that giving the state more power by changing section 25 of the constitution is only going to further the encroachment of that corruption into society.

Only the ideologically blind see the ANC as something that can be saved.
THE ramamESsIah AND hIS New dAwN wiLl FIX EvERYThING. He IS tHe moST ratiOnaL ChOICe fOr prEsidENt.

konfab

Honorary Master
Are you not following the crisis unfolding in countries with poor leadership (like US, Brazil, Italy, UK)

Maybe you think those distant problems will never be a reality for SA?

Most people complaining about cigarettes, alcohol and running.
Without the early and strict lockdown measures in SA, you all would be queuing towards death at hospitals.

You should be grateful for our brilliant President Cyril Ramaphosa
.. who has kept you and your families alive!
Ok Karen.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Great initial planning and work. Good communication. But now its a dumpster fire.
The entire cigarette debacle is ridiculous. I was all for banning sales as it was shown to have an effect.
But I'm not getting very skeptical after NDZ refused to release the study used for the decision.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Honestly would preferably take my chances with the virus in an open society than continue with the petty games being played out by our so called leadership under this lockdown.

Simeon Steynberg

8/10. It could have been much worse ... think of Zuma (just say he was still the president at this time)!

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
He started off well and with good intentions but the mistake he made was making the task team for the coronavirus out of ministers. they should have no say in this except maybe minister of health and minister of finance and then the rest of the group should have been made up by experts in virology economics and health.

The lockdown was only supposed to be used so that the government and health care fields could prepare for what is to come as you are not going to stop the virus. Taking away people's liberties and freedoms without showing reason is going to lose you the support of the people.