How would you rate Ramaphosa's announcement on Sunday 24 May?

How would you rate Ramaphosa's announcement on Sunday 24 May?

• Better than expected

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Exactly what I expected

Votes: 77 47.0%
  • Worse than expected

Votes: 66 40.2%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
How would you rate President Cyril Ramaphosa’s announcement on Sunday 24 May? Was it better or worse than what you expected?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Well it was exactly as expected. I didn't even need to watch it. With rain and floods coming to the Western Cape tonight things are going to get pretty interesting.

Segg

Expert Member
Watch, by the time the level 3 regulations are due to come in on the 1st, they'll decide to keep all the metro's (centers of economic activity) at level 4

• Sad
Reactions: McT

Lupus

Honorary Master
It was better than I expected. The economy mostly opened up and more closely resembles what we see in other countries.

I hope there are no surprises in the regulations.
Which what we should've had for level 5.

saor

Honorary Master
Probably one of the better presented speeches. Someone mentioned it might've been recorded - kinda seemed like it.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Exactly as expected.

But I expected that he would be ultra-conservative. I do not smoke, so do not give a rat's ass about it being for sale or not. What I do care about is that the money trail of black market ciggies going to someone NDZ has an interest in. She is conflicted. And somehow, this entangles the Prez.

Banning smokes does not change the health of a smoker in weeks or months. This is pathetic. So while the economy may be opened a little, there were idle threats (expected) and the continued ban of tobacco products (expected). Poor all round (expected).

Segg

Expert Member
Exactly as expected.

But I expected that he would be ultra-conservative. I do not smoke, so do not give a rat's ass about it being for sale or not. What I do care about is that the money trail of black market ciggies going to someone NDZ has an interest in. She is conflicted. And somehow, this entangles the Prez.

Banning smokes does not change the health of a smoker in weeks or months. This is pathetic. So while the economy may be opened a little, there were idle threats (expected) and the continued ban of tobacco products (expected). Poor all round (expected).
It's simply a case of party over country once again, this holds true for the reason she's a minister in the first place!

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I glimpsed at his 'State of Covid' tonight and all I heard was Cape Town.

Solarion

Honorary Master
I managed to keep a straight face throughout the speech so yeah, better than expected.

Reactions: McT

Moto Guzzi

I could not make out if the hotspots are going to be cordened off with the military-?