How2check balance on vodacom without having simcard in a phone/logging onto website

Chrispie`

Hi,

I live in a townhouse complex that has an intercom at the gate which is used to call people if you press the unit number on the intercom.

It takes a simcard which obviously requires airtime balance to be loaded in order to call the tenants.

The frustration comes in when the airtime is up and the intercom just doesn't work.

What I want to know if there is a way to receive a notification to a different number if the airtime balance is low?

Or if there is some script that we can install on a PC and run it once a day to check the airtime? If it is low I can create some program to email it the relevant parties to load new airtime.

Thanks

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Vodacom has something called altnum which let's you do that. Two sims using same airtime.

mintydroid

Expert Member
Why not install Vodacom app on your phone and you can check anytime.

You can link more than one number to your account.

Chrispie`

Chrispie check your PM inbox.
Thanks so much. I did mail them. Got a call back from a Help Desk agent.

There is no way to get low airtime notifications (only on Data)
The only way to check balances without having the sim in a phone is using the website/webapp.

Chrispie`

Why not install Vodacom app on your phone and you can check anytime.

You can link more than one number to your account.
This still involves a manual check. Wanted something that is automated. :erm:

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Hi,

I live in a townhouse complex that has an intercom at the gate which is used to call people if you press the unit number on the intercom.

It takes a simcard which obviously requires airtime balance to be loaded in order to call the tenants.

The frustration comes in when the airtime is up and the intercom just doesn't work.

What I want to know if there is a way to receive a notification to a different number if the airtime balance is low?

Or if there is some script that we can install on a PC and run it once a day to check the airtime? If it is low I can create some program to email it the relevant parties to load new airtime.

Thanks
I called vodacom and they set my lte router to sms my cellphone with any balances, low on airtime etc warnings.