HTC Desire VC using Neotel: hands-on impressions

Allin

Expert Member
What's the point of having a phone, however smart, on an almost non-existing network? :wtf:

Bern

Expert Member
And you think people complain about the Cell C and 8ta networks...

Seriously i see what they are trying to do and this is a huge leap from the complete trash hardware they were selling before, but it is going to be an uphill battle. I can't see a compelling reason to go with them over Cell C (see the iphone 5 deal for R399) unless their was some corporate discount scheme. That and some of the call rates to local numbers which are cheaper. But then my Skype over Cell C works pretty darn well and the coverage is better.

LinuxMan

Expert Member
How come this offer doesn't sound appealing at first glance..

Praeses

Expert Member
My Sony Ericsson Arc S gets 5315 in Antutu btw. Quite a bit faster than this handset!

cozinsky

Expert Member
"Unfortunately the HTC Desire VC doesn’t offer anything better than GPRS connectivity on GSM networks, which makes it difficult to recommend to replace your current smartphone"

GPRS is slower than Edge and pretty much useless. So you will be using your other sim card all the time anyway. So whats the point? The iPhone 5 Cell C deal offers much better value and better network coverage.