Otto_Roth

And, of course HTC Sensation is long forgotten! Ironic that the life of a device is less than 1/2 of it's contract period!
:(

xistenz

Can someone please explain to me how the network operators control the release of Android firmware updates?

I mean, if I pop out the SIM card and check for updates over Wi-Fi, how does the update server know which network operator I'm with?

Rebanein

The server does not actually know which operator you use, but your phone's IP address tells the server that you have a South African IP address. If the new firmware has not yet been released by the South African operators you will therefore not be able to download that firmware.

Rebanein

The server does not actually know which operator you use, but your phone's IP address tells the server that you have a South African IP address. If the new firmware has not yet been released by the South African operators you will therefore not be able to download that firmware. How they actually determine what phone belongs to which network I am not sure.

isie

Honorary Master
The server does not actually know which operator you use, but your phone's IP address tells the server that you have a South African IP address. If the new firmware has not yet been released by the South African operators you will therefore not be able to download that firmware. How they actually determine what phone belongs to which network I am not sure.

Im sure it picks up you IMEI number and that is linked to your SP