Toitjie

Expert Member
future article... or is today the 9th :p

hmm I'll have to pass on this, as with my Sensations contract I can only upgrade next year April...

Will wait for the next series

MrG

Executive Member
They should really get ONE testing location.

What is 8ta going to do, not pass the phone? Then what? Not like the guy on the street will be disappointed if they pop out the MTN sim and insert the 8ta one.

Its still going to work.

techead

Honorary Master
"out of the box" software sucks balls, real shame considering its a quality device

There is no excuse however for HTC to ship the phone without working software to sync content between your computer and the One X. Plug in the phone and it asks you to install the HTC Sync Manager. Except, that doesn't happen: HTC has laboriously put together a binary executable that fires up your web browser and takes you to a site saying Sync Manager will be available soon, but doesn't say when. Meanwhile, you're asked to download and install the 153MByte HTC Sync, which I did. Annoyingly, HTC Sync can't find the One X on either of my systems, so I had to manually copy over music and videos.

linky

sydCPT

25GB Dropbox storage, with 75MB internet bundle? Nice...

Mouse

Expert Member
"out of the box" software sucks balls, real shame considering its a quality device

Needing "sync software" sucks balls. I would prefer to just copy the files I want to the phone as if it is a usb drive.

so I had to manually copy over music and videos.

It's not difficult to do this.

Wag

Expert Member
Before this piece were published I phoned VC Montana about the phone. The guy never heard of such a name or phone.

techead

Honorary Master
Xperia S or HTC One X or Samsung SIII.....choices!

Get a Samung S3 and never look back

Needing "sync software" sucks balls. I would prefer to just copy the files I want to the phone as if it is a usb drive.

It's not difficult to do this.

mass storage mode is not working. the whole support/drivers for this device is k@k

SomeoneEls

25GB Dropbox storage, with 75MB internet bundle? Nice...

Still better than the 10MB x24months that MTN gives with the galaxy SII,
but 250MB should be the bare bare minimum for a contract with a high-end phone

Nether

Expert Member

mass storage mode is not working. the whole support/drivers for this device is k@k

With ICS you have to do some special setting to get mass storage to work.

1. Don't plug in the USB cable to your phone.
2. At the homescreen, press menu , settings, more... , USB Utilities, Connect storage to PC.
3. Now the phone will ask you to insert you USB cable, do so.
4. The familiar green android logo will now appear.
5. Turn on USB storage.
6. Tap OK.

Your phone should now react as if it was a flash drive and no special drivers are required.

This is way more out of the way then GingerBread ever was, and it sucks, but at least you can still get it.:sick:

eshwar

Fixed storage and battery, no wonder it's going cheap.

CyanogenMod in due course ;)

Not exactly cheap. Since the phone came out in US at the same intro price as the Galaxy S II did it should be similar here

i.e. R 329 at MTN which has dropped to R 299 as of today. They've priced this HTC at R 349. Now they'll really price the S III in the sky somewhere at R 379 or so. Its not like we have amazing contracts. I really hope it drops a bit next month.

Knersus

kinda dissapointing that it's on MTN already and not on Vodacom...

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
With ICS you have to do some special setting to get mass storage to work.

1. Don't plug in the USB cable to your phone.
2. At the homescreen, press menu , settings, more... , USB Utilities, Connect storage to PC.
3. Now the phone will ask you to insert you USB cable, do so.
4. The familiar green android logo will now appear.
5. Turn on USB storage.
6. Tap OK.

Your phone should now react as if it was a flash drive and no special drivers are required.

This is way more out of the way then GingerBread ever was, and it sucks, but at least you can still get it.:sick:

cyanogenmod it pops up and it works, running cm 9 beta ics 4.0.4 for the galaxy ace