HTC One X review (MyBroadband)

"However, I did encounter an interesting audio artifact when a headset was plugged in. Any touch on the display, whether to select something or launch an app, caused a soft noise to come from the headphones for a second or two."

Settings->sound->touch sounds-> Disable.

Settings->sound->touch sounds-> Disable.

That will probably address the issue, but this isn't the usual feedback sounds. This is actually literal noise - like soft static.

This is my next phone, provided they are available 2 July. The Galaxy SIII just isn't an option as it has a pen(t)ile display which should be killed with fire.

Unfotunately this one is also infected by the Apple innovation of having a non-replacable battery and no SD-card slot :(

This is my next phone, provided they are available 2 July. The Galaxy SIII just isn't an option as it has a pen(t)ile display which should be killed with fire.

Unfotunately this one is also infected by the Apple innovation of having a non-replacable battery and no SD-card slot :(

If I were you I would compare the One X and the S3 side-by-side and then decide. The S3 has a lot going for it (I actually have the One X and I am loving it, so I don't think you will go wrong with either choice)

Dude, you need to give your pool a clean! :p

I got the One X from MTN, and I love it. The display is beautiful, got some games from www.tegrazone.com that were built to show off the Tegra3. Amazing. Obviously I haven't used a S3 yet, but I can't see what can be better than the One X. It's perfect.

Display-comparison-Galaxy-Nexus-HTC-One-X-iPhone-4S-Super-AMOLED-IPS-S-LCD2-IPS-LED.jpg

Wow...the colour on the Iphone looks really washed out compared to the others....or is it just me?

If I were you I would compare the One X and the S3 side-by-side and then decide. The S3 has a lot going for it (I actually have the One X and I am loving it, so I don't think you will go wrong with either choice)

Oh I agree, the SIII isn't bad at all, it's just that half-resolution thing that's kind of a deal breaker for me. I know it's not a big issue for everyone, especially since the AMOLED colours are better. So it's not that easy deciding between low-res screen or no SD card... And really a bit of a mystery since phones costing this much should be perfect really.

Dude, you need to give your pool a clean! :p

I got the One X from MTN, and I love it. The display is beautiful, got some games from www.tegrazone.com that were built to show off the Tegra3. Amazing. Obviously I haven't used a S3 yet, but I can't see what can be better than the One X. It's perfect.

How can a phone with no SD card and removable battery be perfect?

Ask anyone who's ever spent (massive amounts of) money on an Apple product. They'll happily tell you :D

Lack of a SD card is not a problem for some. I'd also take a polycarbonate shell over a removable battery slot any day.

Ask anyone who's ever spent (massive amounts of) money on an Apple product. They'll happily tell you :D

I can still excuse the Apple people...... they just do not know any better:whistling:

In my mind HTC has already lost the race against Samsung. The One X has been out for over a month and we still don't have stock in South Africa. A couple of lucky guys got from the initial MTN shipment, but currently nobody has stock.

Samsung will come in with thousands of handsets and every guy that asks for an HTC One X at his local phone shop will be told they don't have stock, but that they have the new Galaxy S3 in stock... Stock problems are nothing new for HTC, I waited over a month for my HTC Desire just over 2 years ago.

In my mind HTC has already lost the race against Samsung. The One X has been out for over a month and we still don't have stock in South Africa. A couple of lucky guys got from the initial MTN shipment, but currently nobody has stock.

Samsung will come in with thousands of handsets and every guy that asks for an HTC One X at his local phone shop will be told they don't have stock, but that they have the new Galaxy S3 in stock... Stock problems are nothing new for HTC, I waited over a month for my HTC Desire just over 2 years ago.

This is also a good point. Getting anything other than an iphone, Cackberry or Samsung phone in SA seems to be a mission every time. And if you do, there are virtually zero accessories, pouches etc available (as is the case with my RAZR)

Oh I agree, the SIII isn't bad at all, it's just that half-resolution thing that's kind of a deal breaker for me. I know it's not a big issue for everyone, especially since the AMOLED colours are better. So it's not that easy deciding between low-res screen or no SD card... And really a bit of a mystery since phones costing this much should be perfect really.
Battery swings it for me. S3 has bigger battery, i'm in.

Battery swings it for me. S3 has bigger battery, i'm in.

I guess that is with Leaf screwing up? or HTC does distribution themselves now?

Btw, where did OP find out that the LCD tech on the One X is IPS based?

Back