HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S3 pricing on Cell C

Both devices will cost R399 per month on a Business Chat Standard contract or R8,499 once-off with no contract.

These devices will also be available on Cell C’s new “Straight Up” contracts that are set to launch on 22 June 2012.

“The price of the cellphone will be calculated depending on the length of the contract period chosen; 6-, 12-, 18- or 24-months,” Cell C said. “Add the cellphone monthly price to the contract monthly subscription, and you have your total monthly subscription.”

So do i also pay R399 per month for the 6th month contract? Probably not - so how do you determine the price for the 6 month contract? Or is it such that I pay off the phone for 24 months at R399 even though my actual line contract was for 6 months?

If it wasnt for the fact that I can early upgrade on vodacom and get the phone next month, I would have waited the 3 months for my contract to expire and went with Cell C, I hardly phone from it any way,so I am not that bothered by the reception...

R8500........:wtf:
you can get a big a$$ tv for that price. a nice new ipad.

So do i also pay R399 per month for the 6th month contract? Probably not - so how do you determine the price for the 6 month contract? Or is it such that I pay off the phone for 24 months at R399 even though my actual line contract was for 6 months?

So, if I take the S3 on the Straight-up 100, over 24 months, i'll pay R454.12 pm (R100 for the straight up package + R354.12 (R8499 / 24) pm ? eina :crying:

R399 and no "free" minutes..

So, if I take the S3 on the Straight-up 100, over 24 months, i'll pay R454.12 pm (R100 for the straight up package + R354.12 (R8499 / 24) pm ? eina :crying:

I'm not sure whether you guys are misreading or I am.

Both devices will cost R399 per month on a Business Chat Standard contract or R8,499 once-off with no contract.

These devices will also be available on Cell C’s new “Straight Up” contracts that are set to launch on 22 June 2012.

Ie R399 on business chat will have whatever minutes etc that package has. Surely the pricing will be different with the new packages.

For the moment, it seems like only MTN offers the S3 on a decent contract.

Subscription fee
R399 PM X24
Including R200 airtime per month incl. VAT
25 x SMS
INCLUDES 75MB Internet Bundle pm x 12.

I'm not sure whether you guys are misreading or I am.

Ie R399 on business chat will have whatever minutes etc that package has. Surely the pricing will be different with the new packages.

Business Chat Standard has no free anything.

For the moment, it seems like only MTN offers the S3 on a decent contract.

Subscription fee
R399 PM X24
Including R200 airtime per month incl. VAT
25 x SMS
INCLUDES 75MB Internet Bundle pm x 12.

:p you call that decent ?
with 75MB data ? R200 airtime (per minute billing i suppose and 25 sms'es ? shame on you :p

:p you call that decent ?
with 75MB data ? R200 airtime (per minute billing i suppose and 25 sms'es ? shame on you :p

MTN Anytime packages are billed per second, but still R2.30 per minute is steep compared to all the StraightUp packages which are billed at 99c per minute.

StraightUp 100 = R100 airtime = 100 minutes (R0.99 per minute)
MTN Anytime 200 = R200 airtime = 86 minutes (R2,30 per minute)

As you can see above, comparing the packages is not as straightforward as it might seem. Add in 200 free SMSs/MMSs and 200mb data + a symmetric OOB rate for calls (also R0.99) and a 99c per minute OOB data rate, and you'll find that the Cell C package is definitely better value for money. Plus you can choose your contract length.

My MTN contract expires end of this month - I've already put in my cancellation notice. Cell C - here I come. Please have my S3 ready.

Back