HTC still in south africa?

slugger

Ive been searching and searching trying to find an answer but nothing.
Can't find anything on Vodacom, MTN, Cell C, Telkom or even Takealot.
I have found the HTC 10 available in South Africa from 2 suppliers (both import the american version)
HTC's twitter hasn't been active since last year.

Is it safe to assume that they will not be coming back? (Does anyone have news about this?)

khaada

Ive been searching and searching trying to find an answer but nothing.
Can't find anything on Vodacom, MTN, Cell C, Telkom or even Takealot.
I have found the HTC 10 available in South Africa from 2 suppliers (both import the american version)
HTC's twitter hasn't been active since last year.

Is it safe to assume that they will not be coming back? (Does anyone have news about this?)
want to know the same thing. Guess HTC just doesn't feel it is profitable to sell in South Africa anymore.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Didn't Google do a deal with them and they are now under the Pixel umbrella?

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
I've had 4 HTC phones in a row now. All without issue except my current M9. I think it had 5 main board replacements in the 2 years of warranty. I loved my HTC phones, but after buying 3 Huawei phones for the family, I will not even bother looking for HTC again.

The service I received from them was stellar. Not once did they give me issues when I booked it in for repairs. But that is not enough. I need to know the phone is readily available, and also that I will find accessories for it, Here HTC falls short. That and my perception that the quality is not there anymore.

Fleming

I recently fired up my old HTC One M7 to use as a spare phone for while out cycling. I was actually surprised at how responsive it still is and how intuitive the interface is. If not for the crappy camera I would be tempted to still use it as my main phone in place of my Huawei.

Sumen

Expert Member
HTC needs a good distributor here, they tried to sell them by themselves and they failed hard because they only wanted their phones to be sold by the networks, they didn't even want to sell on Takealot or approach Massmart stores or similar.

Novulari81

I have been using my HTC One M7 for 3 years now and I'd say it's far better than Huawei the camera is the best, also use it as a remote control for my pvr and Samsung TV. but I'm also afraid if it breaks where will I go? Just came back from N.Ireland uk HTC is not doing well there instead they are selling a phone similar to HTC called One plus 3T which s selling like hot cakes

Speedster

Executive Member
I have been using my HTC One M7 for 3 years now and I'd say it's far better than Huawei the camera is the best, also use it as a remote control for my pvr and Samsung TV. but I'm also afraid if it breaks where will I go? Just came back from N.Ireland uk HTC is not doing well there instead they are selling a phone similar to HTC called One plus 3T which s selling like hot cakes
How is the OnePlus at all similar to HTC?