Huawei’s Mate 20 X will take on the Nintendo Switch

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Interesting idea. Pretty massive for a phone, though... I'm sure there'll be a market for it nonetheless.

Dups!

I would love to hold it to see if I like the size.

I remember I used to say 5.5" screens were the sweet sport until I held a 5.8" and then a 6.5".

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
In part of our testing with PUBG, we did stumble across a particularly alarming scenario which we never really see with standardized testing. When comparing Snapdragon to Kirin, trying to observe Huawei's quoted performance differences, there appears to be a major difference between what Adreno phones were rendering, and what Mali powered phones were rendering and displaying.

Looking into more detail, it’s very obvious that the OnePlus 6 tested here (a Snapdragon/Adreno phone) resulted in far better image quality compared to the other phones.

There are two notable characteristics. First of all, the Adreno render is simply a lot sharper. It looks like the game uses a very different image scaling algorithm. For equality testing, we set the rendering resolution to 720p and upscaled to 1080p on all of the phones. While the Adreno shows up as relatively sharp, the Mali phones are seemingly quite blurry, and this is actually also noticeable on the phone when playing.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/13285/huawei-gpu-turbo-investigation/5
Huawei takes shortcuts.

ponder

Honorary Master
I would love to hold it to see if I like the size.

I remember I used to say 5.5" screens were the sweet sport until I held a 5.8" and then a 6.5".
I'm sure someone will be along shortly offering you to hold their 7.2" dick in your hands :ROFL:

beans100

Honorary Master
Yu like talking kak. Where's the games to beat the switch line up?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
For mobile gaming, you can't beat physical controls. They open up so many more possibilities.

A touch screen only device limits the kinds of games that you can play without severe frustration.