Huawei AX3 Router

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I have an edgerouterx (192.168.1.1) as the main router, and setup the wifi on the AX3 with disabled DHCP and set a static ip of 192.168.1.2 and chose AP mode.

I had the LAN cable plugged into LAN1. Wifi working fine except the red light on the front of the router. I didn't think anything of it until I realised while logging into it that the date and time was wrong and couldn't change it and assumed it needed an internet connection as it was giving a "not connected to internet" kind of error.

I decided to move the LAN cable from LAN1 to WAN (without changing any settings) then the light turned green, wifi still works, but now I cannot login with 192.168.1.2, even when I move the lan cable back. Wifi still works so I haven't bothered pressing the reset button and starting again.

I thought I would just check here first. I can't find what the IP would be, even looking in the edgerouterx device list I don't see it.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I have an edgerouterx (192.168.1.1) as the main router, and setup the wifi on the AX3 with disabled DHCP and set a static ip of 192.168.1.2 and chose AP mode.

I had the LAN cable plugged into LAN1. Wifi working fine except the red light on the front of the router. I didn't think anything of it until I realised while logging into it that the date and time was wrong and couldn't change it and assumed it needed an internet connection as it was giving a "not connected to internet" kind of error.

I decided to move the LAN cable from LAN1 to WAN (without changing any settings) then the light turned green, wifi still works, but now I cannot login with 192.168.1.2, even when I move the lan cable back. Wifi still works so I haven't bothered pressing the reset button and starting again.

I thought I would just check here first. I can't find what the IP would be, even looking in the edgerouterx device list I don't see it.
I'm not sure what the IP is now, but you might be able to see it on your computer by looking at the gateway on the network connection. When you eventually regain access (a reset might be easiest), leave DHCP on when you plug in to the WAN port. Also ensure that the edgerouter and ASX are on different subnets (e.g. put the ASX on 192.168.2.x).

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I'm not sure what the IP is now, but you might be able to see it on your computer by looking at the gateway on the network connection. When you eventually regain access (a reset might be easiest), leave DHCP on when you plug in to the WAN port. Also ensure that the edgerouter and ASX are on different subnets (e.g. put the ASX on 192.168.2.x).
The gateway is 192.168.1.1 which is the edgerouterx although I haven't checked this while connected via wifi. If I enable DHCP on the huawei won't it clash with the DHCP on the edgerouter. Also, I won't see all the devices on the network on the edgerouter? I want to keep using the edgerouterx for its QOS ability.

edit: but thanks, will try that out.

Speedster

Honorary Master
The gateway is 192.168.1.1 which is the edgerouterx although I haven't checked this while connected via wifi. If I enable DHCP on the huawei won't it clash with the DHCP on the edgerouter. Also, I won't see all the devices on the network on the edgerouter? I want to keep using the edgerouterx for its QOS ability.

edit: but thanks, will try that out.
Then you can't connect to the WAN port of the AX3. You'll need to figure out why the AX3 wasn't working in AP mode to keep it all on one subnet.

Budza

Executive Member
I've got the AH WS5200. Bought another one and have them meshed.

Seems to work OK- is there supposed to be seamless handover between APs?

I wish I'd known about AH offering the AX3 though- I'd have bought one of those to mesh with the WS5200 then done an upgrade or something down the line...

As it is, on my slowest fibre offering, I'm not going to hit the limits of the WS5200 soon anyway...

Speedster

Honorary Master
I've got the AH WS5200. Bought another one and have them meshed.

Seems to work OK- is there supposed to be seamless handover between APs?

I wish I'd known about AH offering the AX3 though- I'd have bought one of those to mesh with the WS5200 then done an upgrade or something down the line...

As it is, on my slowest fibre offering, I'm not going to hit the limits of the WS5200 soon anyway...
I have exactly the same, except with the Chinese version of the AX3. Anyway, handover is seamless as I move around the house.