HUAWEI B315s LTE router discussion thread.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
Two questions I would really appreciate your help with.

1) Where can I get the full router + backup battery for R1500?
2) The Geewiz site has backup batteries ranging from 290 to over 600, all listed to work with B315. Do you know which one is included with the full package or the best go for if buying separately?

Thanks!
A year ago, when Park@82 made that comment, it might have been R1500. But prices go up so you could pay more now.

Mintman

A year ago, when Park@82 made that comment, it might have been R1500. But prices go up so you could pay more now.
For sure. But all the routers I'm seeing are like 1 to 1.3k. I imagine most of them include the antennae but not the battery. But I could always get that separately.

Park@82

Honorary Master
For sure. But all the routers I'm seeing are like 1 to 1.3k. I imagine most of them include the antennae but not the battery. But I could always get that separately.
I bought a black one form Telkom back then and they came with the battery backup... Maybe go check at one of their stores. The one that came with the router is a 2600mah Huawei branded one.

LOTR

Two questions I would really appreciate your help with.

1) Where can I get the full router + backup battery for R1500?
2) The Geewiz site has backup batteries ranging from 290 to over 600, all listed to work with B315. Do you know which one is included with the full package or the best go for if buying separately?

Thanks!
You have PM

Mintman

I bought a black one form Telkom back then and they came with the battery backup... Maybe go check at one of their stores. The one that came with the router is a 2600mah Huawei branded one.
Thanks so much! I see Geewiz has the 1850mAh and 3700mAh versions. So the included battery slots in the middle somewhere. 5 hrs battery for the 3700mAh version is decent.

And thank-you for suggesting Telkom. I'm going to check one of their stores tomorrow. I'm planning on using the router with Vodacom so I'm hoping their routers won't be Telkom specific. Takealot also has Telkom bundle deals for the router.

Mintman

I know this is an old thread... But can anyone tell me if there is a performance difference between the B315s-93 and the 315s-936 sub-models? Do the sub-models determine which networks they work with?

I am still selling the ones that come with telkom routers for R50. Just inbox me. Also, in reply to a user who asked me if it powers the B525, it does, however to boot it up from scratch you need a second battery for a second and then you can unplug it again.