Huawei B525 LTE Router Car Charger. Where to Buy?

Astarra

hello Everyone. i want to buy a Car Charger for my Huawei B525 Router. how much is it ? where can i get it.

Ivanr

Expert Member
@Astarra - Do not think the market offers one.
The technical spec is 12V DC drawing about 2 Amp. You would need to contact a electronic components firm eg. Mantech etc.

1)Show them the AC supply with the DC plug to accertain if the 12V DC polarity connection ( Centre to + etc.). Purchase this plug.

2) Then purchase lighter plug ( Check if car battery is +/- to Earth).

3) Req assistance build over voltage protection circuit ( protecting your Router).

There is your car charger.

Astarra

@Astarra - Do not think the market offers one.
The technical spec is 12V DC drawing about 2 Amp. You would need to contact a electronic components firm eg. Mantech etc.

1)Show them the AC supply with the DC plug to accertain if the 12V DC polarity connection ( Centre to + etc.). Purchase this plug.

2) Then purchase lighter plug ( Check if car battery is +/- to Earth).

3) Req assistance build over voltage protection circuit ( protecting your Router).

There is your car charger.
Mantech says they are unable to Quote me on a Car Charger for Huawei B525 Router.

Jake45

Expert Member
Does that use a 12V power supply? Maybe you can use a cigarette lighter adapter and connect it directly to that? Mantech have many different types of adapters as well as DC power plugs to fit the router. The voltage from the cigarette lighter socket might be closer to 13.7V so you could use 3 X 1N4007 diodes in series to reduce it down to 12V.

Alternatively you might be able to use one of these 5V to 12V converters using a 5V cigarette lighter cell phone charger.

Last edited:

rodga

Honorary Master
No the battery bank causes the routers bandwidth to stay at at 4 Megabits when the speed is supposedly higher
Have you tested this yourself?
I just tested my own router now, B315 on normal power:

on battery backup:

So I actually get faster speeds on battery :cool:

Astarra

Have you tested this yourself?
I just tested my own router now, B315 on normal power:

on battery backup:

So I actually get faster speeds on battery :cool:
yeah but you know what hey.. Huawei B315 is NOT LTE-Advanced

cavedog

Honorary Master
The Huawei B525 is rated 12v right? Just buy a R15 Cigarette plug with some cable and a DC plug and plug it in. I made my own for like R30 or so. Bought everything at Communica.

Cigarette lighter plug. https://www.communica.co.za/products/sp120

DC to DC buck which is quite nice to make sure you get steady 12v supply and a case if you want to be fancy. https://www.communica.co.za/products/hkd-adj-dc-dc-module-3a-display

I cut the dc plug off an old charger I had laying around. Pretty easy DIY.