Huawei B535-932 and load shedding

Guji

Hi

So I recently purchased a Huawei B535-932 router to replace my B315 router. The router connect to a Gizzu mini ups to keep me up and running during load shedding.

Since load shedding started up recently I noticed that my B535 router would remain powered up but I would have no signal and the router would display the red signal light and I would continue with my mobile data. The first couple of times I thought that the tower may have gone down for some reason as wasn't bothered until today.

Today as I sit with no power the same thing happened no LTE or signal on the B535 router. So as a test i removed the sim put it into the b315 router and connected it up to the mini UPS and bob's your uncle I have internet again.

Anyone with any idea as to why this happens? I dont want to keep having to change routers every time this happens.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

jbroo

Have you tried running the B535 off the Gizzu just during normal time and does it do the same? Maybe the Gizzu can't supply enough current.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Have you tried running the B535 off the Gizzu just during normal time and does it do the same? Maybe the Gizzu can't supply enough current.
This.

Also. The B535 Power Adapter is quite strong/robust.
I got hit by lightning a while ago.
Trashed almost all my media components.
The B535 was plugged in too, but had no adverse effects.

Just test it without the UPS. If it works fine, see if you can test it on an alternative UPS.
Switch off the plug and let the UPS take over.

ld13

Honorary Master
Simulate a power outage (unplug the wall plug to the gizzu), your internet will remain on. An in-shape Gizzu can do 3A at 12V without any issues, while the B535 only needs 1A.

You issue has something to do with frequency bands or even a simple setting that needs to change to get the B535 to connect to the available tower/band when load-shedding kicks in.

Telkom e.g. claims that the two routers cover the following different bands:
B535 4G​
1800​
2100​
2600​
B315s 4G​
1800​
2100​

But things get complicated, as you also need to keep in mind what band/setup your provider uses. Who provides your LTE?

Guji

Thanks for all the responses.

So this was put up a week ago when I had the issue. Roll on Friday morning and load shedding kicked in at 8am and I was ready to swap routers. This time however the B535 Router is working fine, still powered on and I still had signal which was great and this continued through the weekend.

So it doesn't look like power from the Gizzu mini ups is the issue. Like @ld13 has stated it could be a frequency thing.