Huawei B618 LTE WiFi Router - Bridge Mode

Thor

Honorary Master
How on earth does one do it?

I have mirkotik as my DHCP server, all I want is for the Huawei B618 to be dumb switch and WIfi access point.

(Disabling DHCP on the Huawei B618 did not work).

Is it possible to wipe this piece of k@k and load custom firmware?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
"Disabling DHCP on the Huawei B618 did not work"

Did not work how?
DHCP still active?

sajunky

Honorary Master
It shouldn't be difficult, but tell us where Internet is coming from?

Thor

Honorary Master
"Disabling DHCP on the Huawei B618 did not work"

Did not work how?
DHCP still active?
Disabling the DHCP on the router prevents anything from connected and getting a IP address.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Do you own a B618?
No, I do not - I have setup a couple for office and boss's house though.

Mikrotik and B618 should be in the same IP range, outside the DCHP range issued by the Mikrotik router (which I'm guessing you've already done?)

Thor

Honorary Master
No, I do not - I have setup a couple for office and boss's house though.

Mikrotik and B618 should be in the same IP range, outside the DCHP range issued by the Mikrotik router (which I'm guessing you've already done?)
Already done.

I'm chucking this router, will see in the week if I can get a Tenda

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
The problem here is needing to use the wifi from the Huawei. The 618 will route all traffic to itself as gateway even if you disable dhcp I usually disable wifi and dhcp on the Huawei. Set up a static IP of 192.168.8.2/24 on the Tik and associated default route. Configure 192.168.8.2 as DMZ on the Huawei. Then run everything from the Mikrotik, including WiFi if it has built in, otherwise slap on a Unifi AP.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@Thor - Just saw that Mikrotik has a decently priced router with built-in WiFi and LTE capability (RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LTE). Might be worth taking a look at it. I just ordered one, should come in by Tuesday.

shahed26

How do i connect the b618 to asus ac68u. There is no bridge mode on b618 and the internet is coming from b618.

Only way I managed to get the ac68 working is by using it in the repeater mode where it connects via WiFi to b618 WiFi, but many asus router functions are disabled. What other ways can i connect it

Last edited:

Space_Kriek

I found that that the B315 and the B618 does not relay any DHCP from an 3rd party DHCP server. It also broadcasts its own hostname and break various DNS services on a active directory setup