Huawei Developer Competition - Win your share of R1,000,000!

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Huawei is running a competition to reward developers for uploading their apps to the Huawei AppGallery.

All you need to do to enter this competition is register as a Huawei developer and submit your app to the AppGallery platform.

You will automatically receive a Huawei Cloud voucher after registering as Huawei developer - $200 for individual developers, or $600 for enterprise developers.

Then, once you upload your app APK to the Huawei AppGallery and publish it, you will receive an additional $4,000 Huawei Cloud voucher per app.

Huawei is running a separate competition where developers are rewarded for integrating HMS Core and HMS Capabilities into their apps.

This competition is scored as follows:
  • App popularity (30%): The app with most downloads in other app markets will score a full 30%. Apps with less than 10,000 downloads will score 0%. For scores in between, the following formula is used: (App downloads – 10,000) / (Max app downloads in the competition – 10,000) * 30%.
  • HMS Core integration (50%): 10% per HMS kit integrated; total score cannot exceed 50%.
  • HMS Special Kit integration (20%): Integrate any HMS special Kit (Security Capability, HiAI, Camera Kit, Health Kit, Video Kit, Audio Kit, AR Engine, Image Kit, Accelerate Kit, Scene Kit, Computer Graphics Kit, hQUIC Kit) and automatically score 20%.
The top 20 South African apps based on this scoring method will win the following prizes:
  • Platinum Award - 1st
  • R120,000 cash
  • Golden Award - 2nd and 3rd
  • R60,000 cash
  • Silver Award - 4th-10th
  • R50,000 cash
  • Bronze Award - 11th-20th
  • R30,000 cash
To register as a Huawei developer, click here.

To learn more about this competition, mail southafricabd@huawei.com

Solitude

Executive Member
That's very interesting. I look forward to seeing how many developers enter.

koeks525

Expert Member
I had a mobile app I was developing, that hasnt progressed as fast; just trying to get back to perfect balancing of work/school/personal life again :(

MickeyDangerez

Does anyone know if it's possible to submit an existing signed apk to Huawei appgallery?

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
That's a very narrow group you've got there @rpm. I'm willing to enter if Huawei would accept me singing a song while wearing a tutu :thumbsup:

MickeyDangerez

Nevermind 50% of the overall score is determined by HMS Core integration lol so I will have 0% and if I am the luckiest dev 30%.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This has to be one of the least participated competitions on myBB. With good reason too.

boboudts

It will need too pass muster with the marxist central committee in chhina first and be sure they will be spying on you after you enter!

Shamalam

Huawei is running a competition to reward developers for uploading their apps to the Huawei AppGallery.

All you need to do to enter this competition is register as a Huawei developer and submit your app to the AppGallery platform.

You will automatically receive a Huawei Cloud voucher after registering as Huawei developer - $200 for individual developers, or $600 for enterprise developers.

Then, once you upload your app APK to the Huawei AppGallery and publish it, you will receive an additional $4,000 Huawei Cloud voucher per app.

Huawei is running a separate competition where developers are rewarded for integrating HMS Core and HMS Capabilities into their apps.

This competition is scored as follows:
  • App popularity (30%): The app with most downloads in other app markets will score a full 30%. Apps with less than 10,000 downloads will score 0%. For scores in between, the following formula is used: (App downloads – 10,000) / (Max app downloads in the competition – 10,000) * 30%.
  • HMS Core integration (50%): 10% per HMS kit integrated; total score cannot exceed 50%.
  • HMS Special Kit integration (20%): Integrate any HMS special Kit (Security Capability, HiAI, Camera Kit, Health Kit, Video Kit, Audio Kit, AR Engine, Image Kit, Accelerate Kit, Scene Kit, Computer Graphics Kit, hQUIC Kit) and automatically score 20%.
The top 20 South African apps based on this scoring method will win the following prizes:
  • Platinum Award - 1st
  • R120,000 cash
  • Golden Award - 2nd and 3rd
  • R60,000 cash
  • Silver Award - 4th-10th
  • R50,000 cash
  • Bronze Award - 11th-20th
  • R30,000 cash
To register as a Huawei developer, click here.

To learn more about this competition, mail southafricabd@huawei.com
Does it have to be developers only?

Southeastgod

This will surely boost their app store but it won't save them. Google is just too big now, maybe back in 2012 but not now