Huawei echolife eg8141a5 router blinking red on LOS MWEB

Amara'sDaddy

Good day, my daughter accidentally pulled out the Fibre connection cable from the router, upon inserting it back and resetting the router I noticed the light was blinking red and the name of the Router changed. I have no connection currently and do not know how to fix this, please assist. I'm currently with Mweb

MisterV

Good day, my daughter accidentally pulled out the Fibre connection cable from the router, upon inserting it back and resetting the router I noticed the light was blinking red and the name of the Router changed. I have no connection currently and do not know how to fix this, please assist. I'm currently with Mweb
This would be the ONT. You need to log a fault with your ISP as the fibre cable might be broken or the tip of the connetor is dirty, causing little to no light to passthough.
This is what the LOS light means

Amara'sDaddy

This would be the ONT. You need to log a fault with your ISP as the fibre cable might be broken or the tip of the connetor is dirty, causing little to no light to passthough.
This is what the LOS light means
Thank you

Louis72

Expert Member
The LOS light means "Loss of signal" which means there is no fibre connection to the modem. Damaged cable, dirty, incorrectly connected and network outage can cause this

Amara'sDaddy

The LOS light means "Loss of signal" which means there is no fibre connection to the modem. Damaged cable, dirty, incorrectly connected and network outage can cause this
I spoke to the tech team, my mistake was resetting the router and it needs to be reconfigured, everything else is okay. Waiting on them to come and reconfigure the device.

Louis72

Expert Member
I spoke to the tech team, my mistake was resetting the router and it needs to be reconfigured, everything else is okay. Waiting on them to come and reconfigure the device.
interesting. Did you press the reset button on the bottom of the Huawei ONT box? Figured they can reprogram it over the air provided the Router is connected to the fibre network.

Amara'sDaddy

interesting. Did you press the reset button on the bottom of the Huawei ONT box? Figured they can reprogram it over the air provided the Router is connected to the fibre network.
Yes I unfortunately pressed the reset button afterwards. I also thought they could configure it over the air, so I'm stuck with no internet.

KS17

Those are all in one wifi enabled ONT's. They must have the serial no. to push the config.

KS17

I still feel that cable is damaged. Even after resetting it PON should be flashing, not LOS.

MisterV

I still feel that cable is damaged. Even after resetting it PON should be flashing, not LOS.
PON light flashing means that it is trying to connect to the OLT (Exchnage if you will) so there are comms fibre is fine

KS17

PON light flashing means that it is trying to connect to the OLT (Exchnage if you will) so there are comms fibre is fine
I know that, but from what I understand an unconfigured ONT should be able to communicate with the OLT but fail to register. Hence PON flashing instead of being solid.

Amara'sDaddy

Youa are correct sir, cable was indeed damaged and just got replaced. Thank you so much for your assistance guys.