Huawei equipment banned from UK emergency network - Report

airborne

Honorary Master
The fallout from this Huawei debacle is going to ruin them, wonder if their phones have any baked in illegal surveillance, probably do just not discovered yet?

R13...

Honorary Master
How are their products any different than the NSA installing backdoor onto American products before they go out to customers?

airborne

Honorary Master
How are their products any different than the NSA installing backdoor onto American products before they go out to customers?
Those back doors allow access to those(Cia) with the key but aren't designed to phone home and be remotely controlled like Huawei has been doing?

rwenzori

Honorary Master
'Huawei has regularly denied that it steals intellectual property or unfairly copies technology from other companies. '

Meanwhile in 2003:
'Cisco's lawsuit alleges that Huawei copied up to 1.5 million lines of software code. In its latest court filing, Huawei said an employee inadvertently used about 2 percent of the 1.5 million lines of code inside Huawei's VRP line of routers. '

system32

Expert Member
The fallout from this Huawei debacle is going to ruin them, wonder if their phones have any baked in illegal surveillance, probably do just not discovered yet?
Illegal surveillance... It's called Facebook App and Google Tracking :)

deesef

Expert Member
Luckily Android and Apple don't ever spy on anyone /* ends sarcasm

system32

Expert Member
'Huawei has regularly denied that it steals intellectual property or unfairly copies technology from other companies. '

Meanwhile in 2003:
'Cisco's lawsuit alleges that Huawei copied up to 1.5 million lines of software code. In its latest court filing, Huawei said an employee inadvertently used about 2 percent of the 1.5 million lines of code inside Huawei's VRP line of routers. '
In the settlement (not allegations) Cisco acknowledge Hauwei stole strcmp.

Meanwhile, as recently as 2014, the American NSA stole code and secrets from Huawei - Google "Shotgiant"

Dups!

Really sad, especially, when there hasn't been any concrete proof of illegal surveillance.

I started using their phones less than four months ago, and I must say, I am loving and enjoying the experience.

Would love to continue with them but judging by the way things are going there may not be Huawei phones easily available in the future.

I guess I will go back to Samsung by then.