Huawei launches powerhouse P30 and P30 Pro smartphones

lestoran

P20 pro is such a fantastic phone. Now they had to go mess it up with a curved screen.

Was seriously considering getting it :-(

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Expected a bit more, the P20 launch was way more exciting...

The P30 Pro is basically just a cheaper Samsung S10+. also not sure why Huawei is still using 1080p screens, it's not 2016 anymore.
Definitely no reason to go above 1080p on cellphone screens, tablets yes but not phones
Keeping it at 1080p is a plus as it saves battery power.

Reactions: JoE

Dolby

Honorary Master
Would rather get an S10 at the same price just for resale value.
I think biggest negative of getting a Samsung purely for the resale value, is having to use a Samsung until you sell it ...

I use the same reason with my Volvo and a friends BMW - similar original price / mileage etc and he got R15,000 more on a trade after 3 years ... but he drove a BMW for 3 years to 'get' the extra R5,000 per year. I can use the same example in speakers - B&Ws always sell easily and get more on resale than my Elac speakers, but at the end day the Elac are better and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with them.

Is it worth it at the end of the day, to buy something inferior and gain a little extra on trade ?

JoE

I think biggest negative of getting a Samsung purely for the resale value, is having to use a Samsung until you sell it ...

I use the same reason with my Volvo and a friends BMW - similar original price / mileage etc and he got R15,000 more on a trade after 3 years ... but he drove a BMW for 3 years to 'get' the extra R5,000 per year.

Is it worth it at the end of the day, to buy something inferior and gain a little extra on trade ?
That’s why I’m using an iPhone atm. Can’t stand Samsung’s bloat. Pixel 3 was a failure so iOS till Pixel 4.

JoE

Also... if you want resale on a car everybody knows you buy a Toyota ;)

Park@82

Honorary Master
... also not sure why Huawei is still using 1080p screens, it's not 2016 anymore.
1080p is the default res on the S10/+. I kept my S8 on 1080p/default because of battery life... My guess is that most does it on the S10 as well.

Euraw

Expected a bit more, the P20 launch was way more exciting...

The P30 Pro is basically just a cheaper Samsung S10+. also not sure why Huawei is still using 1080p screens, it's not 2016 anymore.
You need a 4K screen on a 6 inch device? You can't see the difference.